Enrolled

"Oh it looks like we're the first ones back," Katara saw the cave was empty of people but appa was sleeping in the back.

"The suns going to be setting so maybe they'll be back soon," Zuko went to his bag and grabbed a torch to light.

"Hey Zuko," the water bender crossed her arms over her bare torso as he lit the torch and held it in a hand.

"I just wanted to say I had a lot of fun today," she smiled kindly.

"Oh, uh yea it was nice," he awkwardly avoided looking at her.

"Where the hell have You two been?!" Sokkas cries echoed the cave making them both jump and appa wake up.

"Hey Sokka, hey Toph," Katara waved as Zuko stood up.

"We lost you and couldn't find you guys for hours!" Sokka yelled frantically as Toph yawned hearing this rant earlier.

"He made us walk the whole island," Toph laid in the dirt.

"Where's Aang?" Zuko noticed them missing someone.

"He's not with You?" Sokka looked around.

"No? He was with You!" Kataras voice raised in a motherly worry.

"You all disappeared at the same time I thought you three were shopping without us!" Sokka cried out.

"I'm sure Aang will be fine, let's wait till the sun goes down then we'll go and find him," Zuko waved them off as he and Toph were snacking on fire flakes together.

They heard someone walking outside and Aang walked in the cave covered in mud and an unapologetic smile on his face with momo.

"Where have You been?" Katara turned to him.

"I got invited to play with some kids after school," Aang took off his headband and everyone heads snapped to him.

"After what?!" Sokkas voice went high.

"I enrolled in a fire nation school and I'm going back tomorrow," the avatar said casually as Jet and zukos jaws dropped.

"You enrolled in what?!" Sokka screamed.

"They're gonna eat You alive," Zuko raised a brow.

"That sounds risky," Toph ate more fire flakes.

"I'm learning a lot and it can be useful knowing more about the fire nation, no offense Zuko but you might be out of touch with the trends here," Aang sat while they made a bigger fire with the torch.

"With preteens yea probably, but the civilians and the country probably no," Zuko narrowed his eyes.

"Aang I'm trying to be mature and support your idea but it sounds really really terrible," Sokka rubbed his face frustrated.

"We got outfits and our personal fire nation guide, why do you need to go to school?" Toph didn't understand.

"Every minute I'm in that classroom I'm learning new things about the fire nation, I already have a picture of fire lord Ozai," Aang grabbed a rolled up paper to show the group.

"And here's one I made out of noodles," he showed another with excitement.

The older teens didn't look thrilled still.

"Impressive I admit but I think it's to dangerous," Sokka waved him off.

"I guess we'll never find out about the secret river then, it goes right to the fire lords palace," Aang grinned deviously, knowing it would perk sokkas interested.