Private

"Hello miss," hai waved kindly seeing Katara walk in the tea shop while Zuko was cleaning off tables.

"Good afternoon hai," Katara greeted back.

"Lee say hi to your friend, be respectful," the old lady snapped at the boy.

Zuko looked at his boss unamused and not phased by her nagging.

"I saw her didn't I?" He asked.

"Lee," Katara pursed her lips at the fake name but walked up to him.

"I wanted to see if you'd be okay with hanging a poster at your work for us, we're putting out missing posters for appa," she handed him a piece of paper with the missing bison.

"It's been a good few weeks and there's still nothing?" Zuko was a little surprised as he took the poster.

"We've had some.. complications," Katara side eyed the open door as if someone was listening. Zuko looked behind her with a sharp eye but nodded.

"Are all of you out?" He asked looking back at the poster.

"Yea we split up to cover more ground, I was in the area," she smiled a little up at him.

"Your hairs longer already," Katara tilted her head to the side when Zuko blew some of his hair out of his face.

"My tea is the best, good for growing boys to be men! Strong men that can be good husbands," hai called smiling and some customers chuckled seeing the two teens together.

Zukos eye twitched but didn't give the woman a reaction. Katara raised a brow not understanding.

"Lee You can take a break and help the nice young lady," she urged.

"Hai," Zuko snapped back clenching his jaw.

"Don't worry about it, we can stop by when we're done for some tea," Katara waved her off seeing his irritation.

"Uh don't," he cringed a little turning back at her.

"Don't?" She was taken back.

"I don't want the others knowing where I work, much less the area I live in, they're annoying and a lot," Zuko explained scrunching his face.

"I know where you work and the area you live," Katara crossed her arms and lowered her tone.

"You're not annoying," he scoffed like it was obvious. Zuko saw her smirk and glared again.

"As much," he corrected.

"Glad I made it to your good side," Katara snorted and set one more poster on the table next to them.

"I'll see you tomorrow Lee," she waved on her way out.

"Bye," he rolled his eyes and waved a little.

Katara shook her head at how awkward yet grouchy that fire bender still was, but from the first time she met him he's changed so much already. He was.. different, but he has a good heart and can be funny to be around. She's learned a lot from him and he's opened up to her. He likes to keep his life personal still.

She wondered where he lived though. Did he live with his boss? Hopefully not on the streets. If he lived on the streets she would force him to come with her, she'd never let him be on in the dirt if they had space to spare for a friend.

Kataras shoulders felt lighter and her chest felt warm whenever she left Zuko but it was almost relieving, there was no tension or burden, he didn't expect anything from her, he didn't rely on her. She had nothing to be responsible for with him.