Awake

It's been three weeks since the water tribe took over the fire nation ship, they created a plan for when they've ran into other fire nation ship, routines to stay on the downlow.

Katara a couple hours a day trying to heal Aang but it made no difference, Zuko usually had to drag her out and Toph and Sokka had to make sure she stayed out.
Zuko got her into sparing to release her anger, neither of them used bending and no one stopped them when it went on for to long. Katara trained and trained till her hands started to turn red. Improving her combat from what Zuko has taught her, he may be a fire bender but he was a strong fighter with or without it.

"It's cold tonight," Zuko walked over to Katara with her cloak as she sipped warm tea bato was handing out to the tribe.

"Oh thanks," she smiled and he set it over her shoulders and she clasped it together.

"All the ships are still going to the earth kingdom, all of them," Katara sighed holding the cup closer to her chest to warm up. She scooted closer to Zuko feeling his heat. She never expected that fire benders had a natural higher body temperature.

"Azula knows how to make the world feels like it's ending huh," Zuko rested his elbows on the railing.

"You haven't told Sokka or Toph yet have you?" She looked at him softly.

"I've tried but I can't bring myself to say it outloud, I've spent the last three years of my life blocking that part of my life out, to forget that I could be in a palace instead of war, it helps to forget... I did forget for a while, it felt so far away from reality," he rubbed his neck anxiously at the idea. He was suppose to be the next fire lord but was that even possible anymore? His people wouldn't respect him.

"Do it when your ready, don't do it cause of me and Aang," she touched his shoulder gently and he nodded.

"Thank you, Katara," Zuko whispered. She's been good to him, better than he truly deserves from another human, her kindness, her trust, her truth and her strength, he didn't deserve an ounce of it. He was a liar and someone that hurts others... she was a good person that made him see there was light in the world. It wasn't fair.

"Thank you, I feel like I haven't gone insane on this ship because of you," she leaned against him with a soft smile. Little bits of physical touch have made the soldier ease up and not be so serious, to not be in the constant mindset that he's going to be attacked at any given moment.

But suddenly they heard a crash from the inside of the ship and down the hall there was yells. Hakoda perked up hearing it as well as he was feeding momo on deck.

No one expected the avatar to run out the door and fell against the metal floors.

"Momo?" Aang saw his lemur on who he thought was a fire nation soldier. Katara gasped in shock and ran over with Zuko behind her.

"Twinkle toes? That's gotta be you," Toph spun around smiling as Sokka ran to the fallen child and helped him back up.

"Aang welcome back to the living buddy," Sokka beamed behind the helmets mask as the boy looked beyond confused and stressed.

"Sokka?" Aang rasped looking at him wide eyes.

"Your finally awake," Katara hugged him quickly and Aang quickly relaxed in her arms and buried his nose against her shoulder.

"What's going on? Why is everyone in fire nation uniforms?" Aang looked at the crew and saw Jet next to Zuko.

"Under cover, we took over the ship," Jet grinned with a thumbs up.

"What... what happened?" Aang started to feel dizzy as his body swayed when his vision started to go dark.

"Somebody catch him he's gonna-" Toph was cut off when Aang started to collapse but Zuko was quick to catch him before he hit the ground.

"Oi wake back up," Zuko looked down at Aang, his eyes were still open as he struggled to fight the dizziness and his vision wouldn't focus.

"Oi Aang, you with us?" Zuko set him down and sat the boy up facing him.

"You need to take it easy ok," Katara draped a cloak over aangs shoulders as Zuko kept him steady.

"Zuko your still here?" Aang focused his eyes on the soldier. Squinting a little.

"I'm here, just breathe and get your shit together," Zuko set his hand on the top of his head to steady him, his head kept nodding to the side.

"Why is everyone in fire nation uniforms? How did you get this ship?" Aang looked to the side confused still.

"We'll explain everything, how are you feeling physically?" Katara knelt to the ground in front of the avatar as Zuko made sure he was steady enough to be on his own.

"I think I'm fine?" Aang raised a brow but there was a shooting pain throughout his back that made him flinch and wrap his arms around his torso.

"Just relax for a little.... I like your hair," Katara smiled softly at him.

"I have hair?!" Aang cried out loudly making Zuko flinch away at the sound.

"How long was I out?" He looked at Katara wide eyes.

"A few weeks " she pursed her lips.

"A few weeks?!" Aang screamed again and Zuko flinched again.

"I'll let you two talk, I'm out," Zuko was done with the yelling and went by Sokka instead.

"I think you should have a healing session now that your awake," Katara said seeing Aang was in pain still.

"Ok, good idea," he sighed and she helped him to his feet as everyone watched the avatar cautiously.

Zuko was uneasy now with Aang awake again. He knew. He knew that Azula called him her brother. There was guilt and fear if he would remember the battle, it was his sister that almost killed him, he had to know... would Aang be angry with him for it? For lying.

"He's going to be okay, Katara knows what she's doing," Sokka glanced at the fire bender.

"He's safer with her than out here with fire nation scum," Jet scoffed walking by. Sokka gave him a dirty look as Zuko rolled his eyes.

"Your all talk till Katara gets back, butt out Jet," Sokka snapped. Zuko crossed his arms keeping his eyes low.

"It's just good that he's recovering," Zuko sighed ignoring the comments jet and a few others made at him over the weeks.