Accomplice

That night Katara and Zuko waited for everyone to sleep again before sneaking off together to go after the factory.

"You think sokkas right for what he said?" Katara asked as she put her face paint on.

"Obviously me stopping little things and stealing isn't going to do enough, we need to stop it for good," Zuko put his blue spirit mask on.

"Is it true the painted lady is a river spirit?" Katara asked curiously as she draped the robe around her shoulders over her clothes.

"Something like that, protect the river life, another Mother Nature spirit," Zuko shrugged.

"And the blue spirit?" She put the hat on.

"He's a known thief, a vigilante, steals from the wealthy and gives to the poor," he nodded.

"Let's get to that factory," Katara smiled determined and they set off to their mission before anyone could stop them.

"Hello painted lady spirit and friend!"

"You got to be joking," Zuko and Katara froze hearing Aang behind them. Neither turned around though.

"Run," Zuko told her quickly and they both took off in a sprint.

"Did he hear us?" Katara hissed as Aang chased after them.

"Excuse me I don't mean to bother you but my friend is sick and we're on a tight schedule!" Aang started to get closer as they tried to lose the avatar.

"Split up he can't chase both of us," Zuko nodded and the two went opposite ways as Katara went for the river and Zuko went for the valley.

He went after Katara instead as she bended fog around her but Aang wasn't giving up, trying to connect to the 'spirit' and making conversation as he chased her through the village even.

Katara eventually got through the village and went for the valley when she thought she lost Aang eventually, hiding behind a rock trying to catch her breath.

But when she turned around Aang was right there.

"My names aang, I'm the avatar," he showed her his arrow and Katara tried to cover her face when he got close.

"Well hello avatar, wish I could talk but I am very busy," Katara played the roll seeing he didn't recognize her yet.

"Yea me too, where did your friend go?" Aang tilted his head to the side.

"The blue spirit doesn't interact with humans," she said in a raspy sweet voice with a hushed accent.

"Lucky him... you know your really pretty for a spirit, I don't get to meet to many but the ones I do meet.. not very attractive," Aang tried to look at her more closely but the hat and sheer netting covered her enough.

"Thank you but I must get going," she waved him off trying to turn.

"You seem familiar," he ducked to try seeing under her hat more.

"I get that a lot," she sighed shaking her head. "Farewell avatar,"

When Katara turned her back on him Aang waved his hand enough to bend air at her, making the large hat fly up but Katara gasp trying to grab it and place it back on her head.

"Katara?!" Aang was shocked.

"Hi Aang.." she groaned in defeat.

"Your the painted lady?! How?" His jaw dropped baffled by her identity.

"I wasn't at first but we were just trying to help the village, but since everyone thought that's who we were anyways..." Katara took the hat off so it was out of the way.