Inevitable

"We gotta find Sokka and Toph," Katara panted as she was in the lead of the other two.

The three ran through the old city next to a creek that split the catacombs but Aang heard someone behind them and saw flames coming their way, he put up an earth wall and everyone embraced for the impact when the flame burst the earth into shambles.

Azula stood there in a fighting stance and was ready to strike again.

Katara ran around the side and used the large creek to create a wave of water to crash down onto Azula but the princess used her hot blue flames to evaporate the water before it could hit her. Creating steam as a diversion.

They looked around to see where Azula would attack next but Jet saw her run up on a crystal to have the high ground, Katara saw where he was looking, her and Aang bended together large amount of water to cover the three of them while punches of fire came their way.

"Jet You need to get out of here and go find Sokka and Toph," Katara told him quickly.

"Are you crazy?!" Jet took out his hooked blades.

"No but she is!" Katara yelled pointing at Azula.

"Trust us Jet, this isn't a fight for non benders," Aang kept his eyes on the fire bender.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Jet glared back. But the non bender watched Azula create lightening and aimed it at them.

"Get down!" Katara screamed ducking as they all dropped when the lightening passed right above them.

Aang rolled to his feet to a crouching stance as he bended the bracing earth beam to collapse over Azula, she gasped and jumped out of the way only to land between Katara and Aang.

She held up both hands ready to fire as Aang and Katara waited for her to strike.

Only for a powerful strike of fire to land between Aang and Azula.

Zuko held up his fists looking between his sister and the avatar. Aang looked bewildered at him and almost fearful, Azula had a confident grin seeing him. This was the time to choose.

Azulas grin dropped when Zuko aimed his next attack at her. Sending the younger sibling flying back with a cry. Zuko ran after to attack again as Azula kicked a blue flame at him.

"Jet go now!" Katara snapped at the other teen. She couldn't be worrying over him when he can't win a fight with fire benders and dai lee, this was battle of long range, he wouldn't get close enough to strike Azula.

Jet finally listened, seeing he was right about the fire bender, he went to the tunnel they came in from to get Toph.

Katara turned her attention back to the two fire benders but saw Zuko slid back from azulas blow as he struggled to get back up. She raced to defend before the blue flames hit him, Aang at her side the two were ready to win the battle.

"Look at this," Azula smiled at them, Zuko panting on the ground while his friends stood their ground.

"Does the avatar know your a prince too? Or just the water peasant? I'm happy to keep telling all your new friends," she quirked a brow.

Aang looked at her like she was crazy and looked at Katara. She didn't have a reaction, she knew what Azula was doing. Aang didn't give any more than that as a reaction, this was not the time or place. Even if it didn't make any sense..

Azula knew she was losing and was trying to turn them against each other.

She had to split them up.

Without a second thought Azula created lightening and aimed it at Katara and as soon as it left her finger tips she kicked a wave of blue fire across at Aang to back them up.