The library

The five of them climbed down the rope inside the library as they looked around amazed by the architecture and could see how massive the library was inside, must've had hundreds of thousands of books that they could only see so there must be even more further.

"Wow," Zuko couldn't stop himself from showing the awe of the building when he turned his head to see many more.

"Wow is correct, it's breath taking," professor zei agreed as he was the first one to drop down.

"This spirit spared no expense in designing this place, look at those beautiful buttresses," he pointed making Sokka and Aang giggled a little.

"What?" The professor asked curiously.

"Nothing, we just like architecture," Aang smiled childishly as Katara smiled a little at their foolishness.

"As do I," zei smiled looking around.

They all got to the ground as they looked around seeing how tall the ceiling was and how many more stories were below.

"This has to be bigger than any palace in the nations," Zuko looked over the edge.

"Definitely bigger than the northern water tribes," Sokka agreed.

"My word! The exquisite mosaic handiwork or this tile rendered avian symbol-" zei looked when the kids followed over confused what he was saying about an art piece of tile above. "Uh nice owl,"

They heard something shuffle behind them and immediately went to hide behind the pillars not knowing if it was that fox or the spirit. Who knows if they're friendly.

Katara looked over her shoulder just barely to catch a glimpse of the figure that went to see where they entered, she stared at the back of a giant owls head and it turned its head around 180 looking at the pillars they hid behind.

"I know your back there,"

Everyone's stomachs dropped almost fearful of the spirit.

"Hello I'm professor zei, head of anthropology at ba sing si university," the professor came out of the hiding place and walked towards the spirit.

"You should leave the way you came,"  the spirit warned as the four teens peaked out.

"Unless you want to become a stuffed head of anthropology," he glared down at the professor.

"Are You the spirit that brought this library to the physical world?" Sokka asked walking out and the others followed him.

"Indeed, I am wan chi tong, he who knows 10,000 things, and you are obviously humans which are no longer permitted in my study," wan chi tong told them calmly.

"What do you have against humans?" Aang asked.

"Hm, humans only bother learning things to get the edge on other humans," he said darkly. "Like that fire bender who came to this place a few years ago, looking to destroy his enemy... so who are you looking to destroy?"

"Whaaaaat? No no no no, destroying we're not into that," Sokka squeaked nervously when the owl got closer to only him.

"Then why are You here?" He growled a little.

"Ummm for knowledge sake of knowledge?" Sokka offered sweating more by the second.

"If your going to lie to an all knowing spirit being, you should at least put some effort into it," wan chi tong didn't buy it.

"I'm not lying! I'm here with the avatar," Sokka whined a little pointing to Aang. "He's the bridge between our worlds,"

"Y-yea I'll vouch," Aang was shoved in front of Sokka awkwardly. "We will not abuse the knowledge in your library good spirit, you have my word,"