Dance party

"I can't believe we're throwing a secret dance party, it seems so silly," Sokka helped set up candles to light the cave while Zuko lit them all, Toph was putting together a small stage with her bending and Katara was helping set up.

"Yea but now we get to show off our cool dance moves," Aang danced around a little.

"You have fun with that," Zuko rolled his eyes.

"Everyone stop bending, they're coming," Toph felt the students coming.

"Sorry buddy, You should wait out back," Aang ran over to appa towards the back of the cave where there was another opening. Appa growled as a reply.

"I know you got fancier feet than anybody, and you got six of them," Aang patted his leg as appa went in the back and he put up a wall to cover the bison.

The students nervously came in the cave as some brought their own instruments and went on the stage to perform the music. There was more children than expected as Aang lead them all around, Toph, Sokka, Katara and Zuko hung on the sides letting the kids do their own thing.

"Ladies and gentlemen! The Flamey O's!" Aang announced while the band played.

"Yea this ought to get everybody moving," he grinned turning to see the crowd of young teens not moving.

"Now what do we do?" A boy asked timidly.

"This is when you start dancing," Aang motioned to the open space.

"I don't think my parents want me dancing in a cave..." another boy scooted back.

"Yea what if someone finds out?" A third fearful boy hid behind his friend.

"Listen guys, dancing isn't something you think about, it's a form of self expression that no one can ever take away from you," Aang explained with a hand on his hip.

"Maybe it was different for your family in the colonies Kuzon but we don't do that here," the first boy rubbed his neck anxiously.

"Sure You do, you have for generations, it just so happens that I know several classic fire nation dances," Aang smiled reassuringly to the kids and began explaining the dances, him being light on his feet and agility made it easy for him to do multiple dance moves.

"Who knew twinkle toes could dance," Toph chuckled as she, Zuko and Katara watched from a side table while Aang was center of attention.

"I'm glad he's having a good time," Katara agreed amused by the dancing.

"Do you dance mr Flamey o?" She teased looking over at Zuko.

"Absolutely not," he sipped his drink.

"Someone's lying~" Toph called him out.

"No," Zuko said.

"Lying," her smile grew as Katara laughed.

"Come on show us," Katara giggled.

"Nope," he drank from the ice cup.

"Have some fun for once," Toph poked him.

Soon the other children started to dance on their own with aangs help but there was more laughter and cheering as everyone warmed up to the idea of dancing for fun. Katara moved her shoulders with the music and tapped her feet watching everyone dance.

"Everyone freestyle!" Aang cheered and the students started to dance with no experience but they all smiled.

Zuko noticed Katara tapping her foot as she watched them, Toph kicked at him with a grin and he glared back. He sighed a little and stood up making Katara notice.

"Come on," he rasped as she looked up at him. Katara smiled and stood to follow him.

"I thought you don't dance," she giggled excited.

"I had to take a few classes for balls, don't judge if I'm not good," Zuko rolled his eyes offering her his hand. Katara took it and nodded.

They faced each other and held the others opposite hand and Katara followed his lead, circling with their hands together, on the beat they switched and circled again. Zuko grabbed her hand and twirled Katara under his arm and to his body. She gasped surprised when he moved her with.

"Trust me, fire nation dances are smooth but will make You dizzy," Zuko whispered as they danced on the side.

"I'm excited to learn," Katara stayed light and he twirled her again.

A few kids noticed the two dancing, some recognized Zuko as aangs 'older brother' and were surprised to see the grumpy teen dancing. Sokka smiled seeing them have fun and Aang was dancing with another girl surprisingly.

The music sped up and Katara burst out laughing when Zuko dipped her back but held her so she didn't fall. She trusted him and flipped her feet back to land on the ground.

"I don't think you really remember how to dance," Katara joined his hand again.

"I watched drunk military men dance the same way, they would fight over which roll," Zuko finally smiled at her again.

"So we're dancing like drunks?" She cackled.

"Probably," he smirked making her laugh more.

Katara stopped laughing slowly as she noticed the students where watching them and held onto Zuko a little tighter as his back was to them. He looked over his shoulder curiously and could feel Kataras worry sink in again.

"Don't worry about them," he whispered in her ear.

She blushed a little and nodded but lost the motivation to dance like before. She gasped when Zuko twirled her again as their arms extended fully. It was his way to make her smile again. She did.

Everyone was having fun, dancing, enjoying the night as the music played throughout the cave. Aang pulled Katara and Zuko to dance more but a moment later the music died down and everyone stopped dancing. The headmaster found them... along with three fire nation officers.

"He's the one we want! The boy with the headband!" The headmaster pointed at Aang who was still dancing.

"Uh oh," Aang perked up and saw the officers running towards him.

"That's our cue," Katara immediately went to run as well as the rest of the gaang.

The officer grabbed a kid with a headband around their forehead but it turned out to be the wrong kid. Soon all the students started to put their belts around their heads to imitate aangs headband.

That's when the gaang used the distraction to escape as Aang waved as a thank you to the kids he befriended but Sokka pulled him along.

They jumped on appa and immediately took off before they could be followed by anyone else.

"Whew that was a close one," Sokka sat at the front of the saddle.

"Way to go dancey pants," Toph clung onto the saddle next to Aang. "I think you really did help those kids, you taught them to be free,"

"I don't know, it was just a dance party that's all," Aang rubbed his head as he took off his headband.

"Well that was some dance party, it was fun still," Katara smiled and blushed a little playing with her hair.

"Did you have fun Zuko?" Aang asked curiously.

"It was nice," he mumbled, he coughed quietly in his hand but paid no mind to it.

"Flamey o sir, Flamey o," Sokka applauded Aang with a slow clap.

"Don't say that," Zuko warned.

"Why it's kind of catchy?!" Sokka whined.

"No one says that!" Zuko spat.

"A hundred years ago the fire nation did," Aang beamed proudly.

"I guarantee no one does now," Zuko scoffed.

"I do," Sokka raised his hand.

"Me too," Aang nodded with his hands on his hips.

Zuko groaned covering his face as the two high fived in success.