Glory

Three girls walked through the camp as men were chatting as some were training on the side, the young woman in front went straight for the scarred boy in the center sharpening swords, she put a hand up to stop the other two girls and went ahead.

"Zuzu,"

Zuko looked up confused as he saw his little sister smirking down at him with her hands on her hips as some men glanced over at them confused why females were in the camp.

"Do I know you?" Zuko tilted his head to the side.

"Your hilarious," Azula rolled her eyes at her brother and he sighed standing up and both were surprised how much the other has grown, Zuko was a lot taller than her now but it showed years have passed.

"I need your help," Azula told him gently.

"Why? For what? You got ty Lee and Mai it looks like," Zuko motioned to the other girls. Ty Lee waved excitedly at him as Mai glanced around in disgust at the males.

"Zuko, I heard you were at the North Pole," she rolled her eyes a little and he held the sword up inspecting it casually.

"And what about it? Just a failed invasion by one of the fire lords admirals, nothing out of the usual," Zuko shrugged wiping some metal dust off the sword.

"I've been sent on an important mission," Azula flipped her hair out of her face annoyed with her brother like she would be three years ago.

"To capture the avatar,"

Zuko stuck the sword in the dirt and stepped forward.

"Good luck, you'd be better off killing him then bringing him to the fire lord alive," he narrowed his eyes down at her.

"You wanna help?" She hummed.

"What do I get out of it?" Zuko raised a brow.

"Revenge, didn't you get some friends killed?" Azula cooed and jay stood up quickly as well as akio and two of their friends.

"I'd be better off doing it myself," he shook his head turning away.

"You can come home," Azula said quickly. He paused.

"You help capture him and you'll be able to come home as a hero, maybe still earn your way back to the title you had but it's a start," Azula told him calmly and Zuko snorted.

A chuckle rose and he smiled a little as he started to laugh.

The troops went dead silent as Zuko laughed, it sent fear in each and everyone of them seeing him laughing and smiling like this.

"A hero?" He laughed covering his mouth.

"A hero? You think I'm actually that stupid that dad would even look at me holding the avatars head on a silver platter to him?" Zuko smiled down at her as he chuckled at the thought.

"Who gives a fuck about being a hero? Where would that get anyone? Let's them feel good for doing something that's just one extra mile, put a bounty on the avatar and you'll have thousands of people wanting to be hero's, it's fucking pathetic to be a hero," he told her shaking his head trying to stop his grin, biting his lip looking to the side smiling at his friends.

"Who here thinks they're a hero?!" Zuko called to the others.

"Who thinks they're a hero because we've laid down our lives for this damned nation! Who have sweat and cried and bled for the love of our county!" He yelled turning away from his sister.

"Because those are worth nothing! No one here will be remembered unless they've captured the avatar! Our lives are worth nothing!" His smile slowly turned into a sneer.

"You look like an idiot," Azula glared at him.

"You can go to hell and tell zhao i say hi," Zuko snarled back.

"I could've gone to anyone, trained assassins that would be more help than you," she spat.

"Then do it, I don't care," he waved her off but she grabbed his neck quickly and squeezed his throat.

Everyone was up to help their youngest but Zuko didn't even flinch.

"Know your place," Azula hissed as her hand started to heat up. Zuko grabbed her wrist and pulled off him as his own hand started to heat up.

"Know yours," he looked at her emotionlessly.

"The threatening only works on people who have something to lose, with me under your belt you can just blame every fail you have on me so daddy doesn't look at you in disgust," Zuko let her go aggressively.

"You wasted your time, now stop wasting mine," he glared harshly as Azula took a step back.

"Zuko!" Xai barked walking over to him, the boys head snapped to the sound of his name but didn't see azula suddenly back kicking him to the head.

But she didn't know he'd take a step back and punch a blast of fire at the princess sending her back as ty Lee and Mai quickly went to her.

"Still can't handle someone telling you no?" Zuko smirked a little seeing how infuriated she was getting.

"And you wonder why everything is taken from you? Your home, your mother, your friends, your throne, you deserve nothing but dirt Zuko, and to rot on the battlefield like every soldier that won't be remembered," Azula snarled at him as she stood with the two girls. Mai looked at him sadly but he just glared at them.

"I don't care," he said again.

The girls left and Xai came up and slapped the back of zukos head frowning as jay ran over to him.

"What the fuck was that?" Jay snarled at him confused.

"Princess Azula's condolences to our lost," Zuko scoffed walking away from them.

"Zuko talk to me, what did she want?" Jay chased after him.

"Nothing I couldn't do myself," he didn't bother looking at the older man as he went back for his sword and stole it from the dirt to keep sharpening.

Capture the avatar seemed easy but it wasn't, it was damn near impossible to catch him, not with his companions and the unpredictable, he was a master bender of all four elements.

But to get his vengeance... to make him pay for the families that will never see their sons again, for the massacre.. he could do it himself, not even for his father, he didn't care what Ozai would think of him, a hero or a menace he didn't care. It didn't matter, he lost his father long ago, who was he to impress?

He could do it himself without wanting glory.