Faults

Zuko barely said another word till the next day in the afternoon, otherwise it was short yes or no answers to the other kids. Sokka, Aang and Toph didn't speak to him either, everyone noticed the tension between the small team.

Katara felt as if she chose a side of the truth, but no one understood why she chose the side that she did. She stayed by zukos side. She didn't make him talk as she just babbled about things as he listened, something to take his mind off the current events. She was the only one that knew he was grieving.

They laid in the sun as Katara was braiding little purple ish blue flowers in his longer hair as Zuko kept his eyes closed sitting up.

"I think these ones are forget me not flowers, I was reading about them a while ago," Katara rambled about what she's learned and other flowers she'd like to see one day, not really sure where they are but still.

Zuko hummed in agreement so she knew he was listening.

"Okay so what's your problem? Are you guys in some sort of fight cause it's kind of making everyone uncomfortable," jet walked over to them with teo, haru and smeller bee.

"It's nothing?" Katara raised a brow.

"Then how come you guys haven't talked to the others?" Haru sat with Katara and Zuko on the stone ground.

"It's just a disagreement," Katara told them softly and put another flower in zukos hair.

"Then what's wrong with him?" Teo rolled over as Zuko shrugged.

"Stuff," Zuko mumbled.

"It's complicated," Katara sighed.

What's more complicated then finding out your mother was killed years ago when you thought she might be alive, not only that but finding out your trusted commander was the one that found her body and supposedly throw your mothers body in the ocean. And on top of that your the reason your loving uncle was thrown into a prison and possibly is dead. It's a little complicated.

"It's fine, it's my fault," Zuko waved them off not wanting to talk about it.

"What happened?" Now all of them sat with Katara and Zuko in the sun.

"Family drama," he gave a thumbs up with no enthusiasm.

"You're so funny," Katara rolled her eyes.

"Is it cause of the invasion? Did your family find out you left being a soldier?" Smeller bee asked also concerned.

"Yea they definitely found out," Katara picked at her nails as she leaned against zukos back with her back.

"Funny," he nudged her.

"How come you're putting flowers in his hair?" Jet raised a brow confused.

"His hairs finally long enough, no one else lets me," katara smiled flipping over to rest her arms on top of zukos head.

Everyone lightly laughed at zukos tolerance for letting Katara do anything to him, he didn't seem bothered by her invading his space anymore. Smeller bee asked for her to teach her how to braid like she was, haru happily volunteered his hair.

"Gonna be the best looking guys here," haru teased as the duke came and learned how to braid the flowered into his hair as well while jet and teo laughed to themselves.

"I'll take that as a win," Zuko felt himself ease up and smiled to himself.

Sokka rolled his eyes passing them seeing everyone was hanging out with Zuko, he felt responsible for letting the others know of the truth but watched as Zuko laid on his back with his hands behind his hand while Katara laughed as she started to braid his bangs.