Saige of the north

Hell came to the fire nations army as none of them were safe seeing the avatars spirit show no mercy, using water to take them out on the surface, next breaking blasts from hypothermic water. Screams and cries as they were drowned out by the water.

Fire benders tried to fight back with their bending and canons. It barely made the spirit flinch and sent them flying too.

Water tribe warriors stayed bowing down to the ground as the spirit passed through and spared them. Knowing they were loyal to the ocean and moon.

The spirit melted into the water and went straight to the navy at sea.

Zhao dropped down as he tried to make his escape but saw a blast of fire come around aimed at him. He blocked it and slid to the side seeing marco and Zuko.

"You sent us on a suicide mission!" Zuko roared.

"Yes I did, your shame stained this nation and only would be justified by your death, your father was to merciful," zhao snarled back but marco came around and kicked a wave.

"You killed him! You killed cho!" Marco screamed as he stood with Zuko.

"It was his own fault for getting in my way," zhao sent a blast of fire back in the dark world.

"Your the damned prince of the fire nation, you're a distract to the royal families name! I'd be embarrassed to have you be a leader in our great nation," zhao stood tall as Zuko glared.

"You're.. you were the prince?" Marcos eyes widen in shock as Zuko didn't give a reaction.

"You didn't tell them? Pathetic of you, who else would have a scar to mark their shame and failure for their country?" Zhao motioned to the boy.

"You're a disgrace,"

"You didn't even care if I got the avatar," Zuko scrunched up his nose in rage.

"It would've saved me a few minutes of my day," zhao smiled.

"You'll pay for cho," Zuko put his fists up and punched fire at him and backed kicked a wave.

Zhao blocked each attack and ran at the soldiers as Zuko pushed marco back and used his arm to push zhaos own arms up with his flames, he jumped behind him and yelled with a fist full of fire that sent zhao in a fall.

"He's mine," Zuko snarled jumping down after the man.

Marco saw the spirit go after the ships in the distance as his breath got caught in his throat. It shoved the ships down into the water with it snapping in half like it was a toothpick. Slicing ships in half, bending the water above and to crash down on the ships. Soon leaving nothing standing above the water anymore... the navy was gone...

His troops. Marco inhaled a sharp breath and jumped down to help, prince or not that was still the same Zuko, the same runt that proved he was a soldier.

But suddenly the moon was in the sky again.

Marco smiled brightly in relief as he could hear Zuko and zhao fighting below as he stood on top of a building, zhao lost, the mad man wouldn't have gotten his way. Marco felt something around his ankles and saw the blue water from before crawling up his body.

He gasped but was suddenly taken without a moment to scream.

-

Zuko blocked zhaos fire as he sent two blasts back with grunts as he focused on taking the admiral down. He knew he was stronger as he had the upper hand, able to get zhao to take steps back. He swept under his feet and zhao fell on his back with a cry.

Zhao looked up seeing the sky had light again as they both stopped to see the moons return.

"That's impossible!" Zhao yelled in disbelief.

Zuko gasped seeing the bright spirit water crawling towards them and became claws that covered them but he backed away immediately.  Zhao went to run but the claws grabbed him and pulled him up. He growled trying to escape but the grasp around his body was never going to cease. He had no hope.

"Take my hand!" Zuko ran to the edge of the bridge as he reached to help. Zhao knew it was to late, but he held his pride to the very end.

Until he too, disappeared in the water.

Zuko watched the glow fade and the spirit was no more. The battle was over.

"Marco?" Zuko remembered and ran back to where he last saw him.

"Marco!" He called again confused where he went. Zuko saw foot prints where zhao dropped off but that was it.

Zukos heart started to speed up, no no no he couldn't be gone too. Where was everyone? He turned to look at the ocean and his eyes widen seeing his fire nation ships.

Cho

Marco

Don

Chit

"Lee?" His voice was small as he fell to his knees.