Lake laugai

"We can take the train out to the wall but then we'll have to walk," Sokka set the map they had in his satchel while the five of them made their way back to the house they stayed at to pack, they had a long way to travel to find appa at whale tail island.

"Don't worry on the way back we'll be flying," Aang said optimistically.

"We're finally leaving ba sing se, worst city ever!" Toph threw her hands up excitedly.

"Jet!"

Katara looked over her shoulder confused but saw smellerbee and long shot running towards them.

"I thought you said you didn't have your hang anymore?" Katara frowned. Of course he lied.

"I don't," Jet turned just as surprised when smellerbee crashed against him in a hug.

"We were so worried! How did you get away from the dai lee?" Smeller bee asked holding his arms tightly.

"The dai lee?!" Katara gasped.

"I don't know what she's talking about," Jet backed away not understanding

"He got arrested by the dai lee a couple weeks ago, we saw them drag him away," smeller bee explained frantically.

"Why would I be arrested? I've been living peacefully in the city," Jet took another step back.

"This doesn't make any sense, they're both telling the truth," Toph touched the ground between where smellerbee and Jet stood.

"That's impossible," Aang stood next to her.

"No it's not, Toph can't tell who's lying because they both think they're telling the truth, jets been brainwashed," Sokka motioned to him and Jet was in disbelief.

"That's crazy!" Jet raised his voice.

"Jet, can you remember anything since you came here and when you lost touch with them?" Katara asked.

"I-I-" he couldn't. There was a blank in his mind from what has happened in the city. He doesn't remember even coming to the city...

"We should go somewhere more private," Sokka nodded.

"Follow us," smeller bee agreed.

-

They went to the small house smeller bee and longshot stayed in as the sun went down and they closed all the windows and doors to make sure no one could see or hear them.

"The dai lee must've sent him to mislead us, that janitor could've been part of the plot too," Katara guessed as Jet sat in front of them all, panicking.

"I bet they have appa here in the city," Aang nodded. "Maybe he's in the same place where they took Jet? Where did they take you?"

"No where, I-I don't know what your talking about," Jet insisted, he looked just as afraid.

"We need to find a way to jog his real memories," Aang looked at the others.

"Maybe Katara could kiss him, that should bring something back," Sokka teased his sister.

"Maybe you should kiss him Sokka," she hissed back.

"Hey just an idea," he cackled a little.

"A bad one," Aang mumbled.

"Try thinking of something from your past that triggers your emotions?" Toph offered next.

"The fire nation, remember what they did to your family," smeller bee brought up.

"Close your eyes to try remembering," Katara agreed.

Jet did so but he didn't keep his eyes closed for long. He looked disturbed by the memories. Shaking his head and clasped his hands together, bouncing his leg anxiously.