Spirits

"I don't need to remind you we have a time limit admiral," iroh told the man again as they watched the ship attack the tribe. "If we don't defeat the water tribe before the full moon rises, they will be undefeatable,"

"I assure you I have everything under control, you be surprised I have more faith in your nephew than you'd think, but I intend to remove the moon as a factor to make it a full proof plan," zhao smirked smugly but this sparked concern in the general.

"Remove the moon? How?" Iroh asked wide eyes.

"Years ago I stumbled across a great and powerful secret, the identity of the moon spirits mortal form, it was when I was serving under general Xu in the earth kingdom, I discovered a hidden library underground," zhao explained to him calmly as iroh was mortified by the mans discovery.

"One of the scrolls I found, contained a detailed illustration with the words 'moon' and 'ocean', I knew then these spirits could be found.. and killed," zhao  smiled cruelly as a fire ball crumbled a chunk of the wall of the water tribe.

"And that it was my destiny to do so,"

"Zhao the spirits are not to be trifled with!" Iroh hissed.

"Yes yes I know you fear the spirits iroh, I've heard rumors of your journey to the spirit world.. but the ocean and moon spirit gave up their immortality to become a part of our world, and now they will face the consequences," zhao watched the smoke rise from its damage.

"Don't worry, the soldier couldn't have gotten to far in this weather," Yue looked around with their hoods up as Sokka sat on the bisons head trying to see ahead.

"I'm not worried they'll get away in the blizzard, I'm worry that they won't," Katara gulped a little.

"They're not going to die in this blizzard, if the fire nation forces into their soldiers brains it to never give up, and if that soldier went alone hes not stupid," Sokka called back to them as the girls looked over to him.

"They'll survive, and we'll find them," he said determined.

-

There was suddenly a flash in the sky like a shooting star across the dark clouds and went straight for the cave Aang and the fire benders hid in.

Aang gasped as his spirit was back in his body and his tattoos stopped glowing when he woke up.

Zuko turned to the sound behind him and saw the avatar awake.

"Who the monkey feathers are you?" Aang blinked confused as marco and cho were up surprised.

"Your literally a child?" Zuko made a face hearing his voice.

"You too?" The avatar cocked his head to the side.

"Well...Welcome back," Zuko walked towards him.

"Good to be back," Aang inhaled deeply and blew a powerful breath with his bending and slammed all three soldiers against the wall and sent him flying out into the snow to escape.

Aang grunted as he started to crawl like a worm in the snow but gasped feeling a hand grab the back of his shirt and faced the young scarred soldier.

"Youre not escaping avatar," Zuko sneered down at him.

There was a roar from above and Aang looked up excited as marco and cho's jaws dropped seeing appa.

"What the fuck is that?" Zuko dropped the child as he saw the water bender from before on the bison.

"Yay appa!" Aang beamed brightly from the ground.

"Here for a rematch?" Zuko stepped over the avatar as Katara dropped herself off the side of appa.

"Do not. Fight the water bender. In the snow!" Cho yelled running out of the cave. God he watched this kid grow up being stupid but of course he'd be the only one that would fight a water bender in the snow.

"Trust me, it won't be much of a match," Katara put her hands up seeing Zuko wasnt backing down.

Marco ran in front of Zuko as he growled with a kick of fire at her as Zuko sent two punches.

Katara gasped seeing two other soldiers with him and used the snow around her to block as cho came around the side and spun a kick at her. Katara sent a wave of snow to capture him and slammed cho against the ground.

"Marco go get cho! I got the avatar!" Zuko commanded as he punched twice with one fist and another with the other.

Marco huffed racing over to unconscious cho but yelled when he was hit in the side with snow and sent him flying past them.

"Marco!" Zuko dropped the avatar and went after his friends. He gasped feeling the snow under him shuffle but tried melting it quickly, it was to late before Katara rose him high and slammed him down to knock him unconscious as well.

Sokka ran past the first two soldiers and went to Aang with a knife who was next to the youngest.

"Wow this is some quality rope," Sokka beamed brightly as he cut his friend free.

"We need to get to the oasis, the spirits are in trouble," Aang rubbed his wrists when he got to his feet but his heart sank a little passing the men.

"We.. we can't leave them," Aang looked back at the soldiers.

"Sure we can! Let's go," Sokka groaned a little.

"No we can't, they're going to die," Aang got down from appa to grab marco from the snow.

"Good! Three less fire benders in the world!" Sokka cried out and Katara went down to help Aang as she went for the one she fought since Aang grabbed cho as well.

"We have rope, Aangs right, no human could survive out here," Katara dragged Zuko by under his arms as he was heavier than she thought.

"Oh great idea You two! Let's bring the guys that tried to kill you," Sokka gasped sarcastically as Aang was able to get them all on the saddle one at a time, Sokka groaned and started to tie them with the remaining rope.