Chapter 119

My head was pounding, so heavy that it sunk deep into the pillow, suffocating me.

The creepy, far too vivid dream about cats and rabbits faded to the back of my mind as I tried to grasp enough awareness to make my body respond. Maybe save myself from a pillowy death.

Before I was even aware of where I was, before any recollection of what had happened could surface, I was falling out of bed.

Hitting the floor sent pain bursting through my already aching brain, giving me enough control over my limbs to curl myself into a ball while I waited for the dizziness to pass.

Pressing my face into cool floorboards, I focused on breathing.

It could have been ten seconds or ten minutes before my head cleared enough for me to really collect my thoughts, and even then, it was mostly swearing.

Shakily, I sat up with my back pressed to the bed I had fallen out of. A bed that was my size, much like the entire room I around me.

Unlike the modern Shrink Program apartments, this place looked like an actual home, instead of a pimped out pet cage. It gave me some hope that I had somehow been returned to normal...cause what sort of lunatic would spend this much effort on a dollhouse? With antique furniture and manor like décor, every aspect of the bedroom looked incredibly authentic, as well as expensive...

And it wasn't the only one.

I choked, finally noticing that to match my posh surrounding, I was dressed in a gown.

Pearlescent white silk flowed around me, spreading out from a white gold bodice made from layers of sheer lace.

The dress had no arms; instead, the front of the tight fit bodice travelled all the way up my chest to wrap around my throat like a choker, leaving my back and shoulders on display for the entire planet to see.

Sure it was simple, compared to what it could have been, but anything that can't be safely put through the washing machine is too much responsibility for my comfort.

But that wasn't the worst part.

I was also wearing heels.

The sort of shoes that cause injury just by looking at them for too long.

Before the unholy things could begin to burn my skin, I fumbled with the straps tore them off and banished them across the room.

Begone!

"How did they even get this crap on me!?" I half screamed... and at the mention of the so-called 'they' my brain froze in horror.

The Underground.

I had been abducted by a very angry group of elite criminals.

...And they had played dress up with me?

My skin crawled.

These people are beyond evil.

Fuming, I pulled myself up on to my feet...having to use the support of the bed a little more than I would like.

There were windows. All I had to do, is go up to one, look outside...and develop an elaborate escape plan.

Simple.

Except no, the moment I took a step towards my goal, the light streaming through the windows was blocked off.

Like something very large was just outside.

So much for being changed back to normal...

"Let's just skip to the elaborate escape plan..." I said, taking a careful step back.

Ready when you are Maddison.

The dress really was too long...not to mention tight.. making me trip on already unsteady feet as I made my way to the ancient-looking wardrobe.

Running away is important, but I still have standards.

A quick wardrobe change and I'll be on my way.

Swinging the wardrobe open, I was confronted with the one thing I didn't need.

An empty wardrobe.

"Damn it." I hissed.

How had I not seen this coming?

A sharp creek came from behind me, and bright light started to flood the room.

...maybe next time I'll use my head start more wisely.

Heart beating painfully in my restricted chest, I spun around, watching in growing dread as the entire far wall folded back to reveal a giant figure sitting in the opening.

Even as my brain scrambled for some way to hide or escape, I found myself staring into a pair of pale green eyes.