Bonus

Welp, thank you for reading. ^_^ This was among my first attempts at writing seriously, so it's pretty embarrassing. The Grammarly program had to do most of the editing for me, cause I was rolling my eyes too hard to read most of this. 

Still, I may have never improved enough to cringe over this, if not for the encouragement of the people who genuinely enjoyed this story for what it is.

In truth, I love this story to death. It was a great experience to write... I'm just not mature enough to look back at this without making exaggerated barfing noises.

....Anyway, here's the bonus chapter. It's The first chapter rewritten. If Vain had been the one shrunk, instead of Maddison.

Part one

"Devin?! I'm Home!" I called, slamming the front door shut with my foot. Arms full of grocery bags, I made my grumpy way towards the kitchen.

"Suddenly making me go shopping on a Sunday, what a jerk... " I grumbled, soon interrupting myself with a relieved groan as I set the bags on the kitchen counter.

Lazily, I searched the kitchen for any sign of my evil dictator, stretching to get some feeling back into my arms. "If I didn't like eating so much I would...."

The thought trailed off as I spotted something on the table. My brain did a double-take, like a car cruising by then screeching halt and pulling into reverse to take a second look.

"What the hell...?" My arms lowering out of their stretched position, I took a hesitant step forward, examining the doll-like object sitting crossed legged on the kitchen table.

The doll sat stiffly, arms crossed, and it's red eyes eerily seeming to watch me as I approached. The doll was incredibly lifelike, with its white hair and ivory skin.

The strangest thing of all was that it looked exactly like Vain.

"Christ, you're creepy." I breathed, bending in close to squint at the small mannequin.

Hell, it even wore Vain's glasses... And that arrogant, irritated, majorly pissed of expression...

"Where the hell did Devin get this thing?" I muttered, raising a finger to poke it in the chest.

The moment my finger made contact, the doll's small hand shot up, grabbing the offending finger by its tip.

"Honestly Maddison." The doll hissed, its eyes narrowing in outrage. "What on earth do you think you're doing?"

I blinked.

Then blinked again.

"Ahhhhh!" I screeched, leaping back and literally throwing myself over the island counter in my desperation to get away.

Hiding pressed in behind the counter, my heart beating like crazy in my chest, I tried to come up with a logical explanation

"Voodoo. Bad, bad Voodoo." I whimpered, nervously peeking over the counter at the evil voodoo doll Vain.

It sat where I had left it, clutching its ears in pain. Considering how close I had been to it when I started screaming, it must have seemed like an explosion had gone off right next to it.

I would feel bad, except that it was obviously some crazy magic doll thing created in the image of pure evil...

"Maddison, what are you doing!?" Devin cried as he stumbled into the doorway. Taking one look at me hidden in behind the counter and Voodoo Vain recovering from having his eardrums burst, Devin paled.