Chapter 156

He was Jack.

He was inhuman.

He was insane.

He was even a freaking bird monster at the moment.

And more importantly, he was...

"Naked. " I squeaked.

Jack blinked for the first time since his change, seeming to snap out of his disturbed thoughts long enough to give me a puzzled look.

"What...?"

"You. Are. NAKED." I near screamed the words, pure frustrated fury, making the words soar through the octaves. "On top of everything you've done to me, now you've stolen my innocence!"

My hands fluttered anxiously about my head, unable to choose whether to clutch my hair or cover my eyes.

It was too late.

All too late.

"I was saving it for my wedding night." I grieved, real, humiliated tears springing to my eyes. The saddest part was that I was that it was true.

I wanted my first experience to be with... My one true love.

And/or a hot billionaire.

Red in the face and beside myself with distress, I crouched down into a little ball of despair. "Not only has the image of Jack's lily-white buttock been seared permanently into my brain..." Not words I ever expected to say. "...my chances of ever becoming a bride have gone down considerably..."

No. Calm down Maddison, There's still hope.

A profile look can't be counted as full-blown adultery, right?

Surely the love of your life will be a kind man...

Or at least understanding...

So what if you have to endure cold glares and passive-aggressive silences for a while...

He will forgive you... eventually.... if you beg?

...maybe you can become a nun instead.

"Give me back my eyeball virginity!" I screamed, finally losing my mind.

I was back up on my feet and taking the first few steps towards him when I realised!

Killing Jack to bring back my maidenhood probably wasn't going to work out quite how I intended.

Mostly because, when it came to us wanting to kill each other, Jack was already waaaaay ahead of me.

A fact the was quickly punctuated when I was immediately slammed into the floor by a giant hand.

"Damn it!" I gasped out painfully, feeling my head throb where it had connected sharply with the cold metal floor.

"If it was your intention to slowly bludgeon my brain with repeated head meet floor encounters," I said, glaring at Jack furiously. "Then I'm afraid to say the only thing you're in for is disappointment."

Can't damage what isn't there Jacky.

"I've never really appreciated your ability to talk nonsense during the most inappropriate of moments." Jack stared down at me, eyes wide and face devoid of expression.

Not in the mood for light-hearted conversation, huh?

No peaceful, gentle, I'm going to kill you at my leisure smile to be seen.