Part Three

My Supervisor's glasses glinted menacingly in the bright light.

"Maddison...."

With a huff, I slouched further into the softness of the chair, doing my best to ignore the way his eye twitched in suppressed irritation.

"What?"

With any luck, the furniture might swallow me whole...

"Seriously?" He asked, his calm smile stiffly frozen on his face.

Maybe it was the fact he was dressed far more formally than I was used to...but I couldn't help but be painfully aware of the fact that this was the man in charge of my future right now.

Not just some Zen therapy guy who let me vent and offered friendly advice.

"Shut up." I crossed my arms, my gaze shifting to the side as I quickly lost my nerve.

How can he be even scarier at my size than he was when he was able to crush me in one hand.

My Supervisor loomed intimidatingly, refusing to take his seat across from me in the small office.

"Fine." Any pretence of a smile fell when it became obvious I wasn't going to be much for conversation. "If you don't want to talk, then let me tell the story from my perspective."

It took a lot of stubborn will and bad attitude habits not to cringe.

This ought to be good

My Supervisor crossed his arms to match my own, the material of his grey suit jacket barely creasing with the movement.

"I sit back down at my desk after visiting you at your school, take one calming breath, then my phone rings. I answer, only to be informed that you have been suspended not even four hours after I left you alone!"

He wasn't yelling, didn't even frown, but I still felt the urge to crawl into some dark corner of the universe and cry.

From the moment he had stormed into the room, My Supervisor's icy blue eyes held an intensity I had never seen from the laid back man before..... He stared at me like he wanted to strangle an explanation out of me.

I hunch my shoulders inward, lowering my gaze to the floor.

For once in your life, be tactful Maddison... Even the friendliest of people can be driven to homicide...

"Well... Did I at least break the record or something?" I said, glancing up nervously to watch his reaction.

The look that crossed my Supervisor's face probably would have been funny under different circumstances.

As it was, the uncontrollable twitching of facial nerves was likely caused by a stressed induced aneurysm, and I was about to have a dead supervisor on my hands

Despite having waited an entire week before coming to see me, I could tell that it hadn't been nearly enough time for my Supervisor to overcome his... frustration.

Disappointment.

Which just goes to show how badly I had screwed up if a breezy guy like Mr Supervisor here was regretting ever having met me.

I'd probably blown his chances of putting a stop to the school too, one of the reasons he had risked letting me stay there in the first place.

It was stupid... To feel so relieved he had come at all.

Glaring down at the white uniform I wore... the one that all the patients at the Shrink Program were forced to wear... I prepared myself to face the brunt of my Supervisor's wrath.