Chapter 63

The fight was interrupted by the sound of breaking glass.

I met the surprised stares, with a triumphant glare.... through the shattered remains of the glass wall.

Hands on hips, I actually looked like I meant to do that.

To be honest, I was just as surprised as anyone.

Jump Boots.

It was a long shot, but it was the only thing I could think of.

I knew they generated energy and used the pressure of that built up force to let me jump high up in the air.

So if that force was focused in a solid kick, I could potentially kick a heavy object such as a bed through a wall of cheap glass.

Which I just did.

... Greatest moment of my life and no one even saw it except me...

I was probably meant to say something cool at this point... but my next words came out before I could think of anything.

"How dare you talk about me like I'm not in the room?" I hissed, shaking with anger.

"I. Am. Not. An. Idiot!"

Alan and Apollo stared... Then simultaneously groaned, slumping as the tension brought on from the dramatic fight scene was drained from their bodies.

It was just that... pathetic.

"For the love of..." Apollo facepalmed, giving me an exasperated look.

He rose to his feet, releasing Alan but still standing over him. "Did you have to break the wall just to tell me that? It wasn't exactly easy to make you know..."

"Shut it you lollipop sucking shorty," I said, cutting off any indignation with a fierce glare. "Let's get one thing straight here."

I flung out a hand.

"No matter how stupid my choices sometimes are, I always make them for myself. Got it?"

.... No one jumped to argue with that theory...

"With my good looks, brains and talent, I could be doing anything I wanted right now."

The harsh truth.

"The fact that I still hang out with these losers is because I want to. So stop looking down on me as some sort of victim. And you..."

I pointed at Alan. "Skip the angst and get to the rescuing me part already. If I miss lunch because this dragged out too long, you will be held responsible."

My expression made it very clear he wouldn't want that.

Instead of leaping to obey my orders like they were supposed to, the two giants just... Stared at me.

Not really the reaction I was hoping for...

Still awkwardly pointing, I felt the urge to crawl back into the depths my prison and pretend I just hadn't said anything.

Then Alan cracked up laughing.

... Yea, still not the reaction I wanted...

Apollo raised his eyebrow as the boy on the ground rolled onto his side, clutching his rips with one hand and trying to muffle his laughter with the other.

"No fair...Maddison....! Don't do that... When I'm...Trying... to be... Serious..." He gasped through his fit of laughter.