Chapter 148

Let me tell you a story.

The story of Princess No height, and the seven Giants.

There was Snarky

"Assuming that you people didn't drag us out here just to backstab Tramph again... "Apollo drawled sarcastically, lollipop help loftily in one hand. "Is there something that we could be doing right now besides confessing our private feelings for the entire group to hear?"

Grumpy

"Shut it short straw. " Alex snarled, moving to stand intimidatingly over the smaller boy. "The only reason you get to tag along with us after your bedtime is because Alan wants to use you as a hostage if things go to hell. If all you're going to do is pick fights, your purpose is served just as well with you tied up in the back of the helicopter."

Dopey

"Stop. " Before Apollo could open his mouth to snarl a reply, Robin wondered over to stand protectively at his side. "No fighting."

Smarmy

"Robin is exactly right. Shame on you, Alexander. What did I say to you about picking on children?" Alan wrapped an arm around his bothers shoulders, grinding his knuckles into Alex's temple. "Only do it when you want to make them cry. We haven't got time for that, so don't act so leisurely."

"I'll show you Leisurely!"

Flirty

"Are you alright Love?" Artemis questioned me gently as the others began to squabble. "You've been rather quiet for a while now... "

Dumbass.

"Oh, no." Nigel gasped in the same moment everyone suddenly shut up and turned to stare at us.

And.

Icy.

"Exactly who..."

Vain slowly, stiffly, turned his head to look up at Artemis.

"Are you calling Love ...? "

One day, the Princess and the seven giants were forced to work together to save the world.

The tall blond blinked back, his blue eyes showing confusion rather than concern.

"Ah... I meant no offence. It's simply an endearment-. "

I didn't end well.

"Okay!" Alan was suddenly in between them, keeping a hand on Vain's shoulder and likely saving Artemis' life. "Enough chit chat. Let's go save the world, shall we?"

"I vote yes to shutting up and saving the world." I raised a serious hand.

Alan sent me a pleased smile.

"Glad to hear it."

He stepped forward, expertly looping his arms through Vain's and escorting the both of us towards the Hill.

Seeing as the Hill was clearly within eyesight, the gesture was unnecessary... As well as dangerous, but at least it covered up the fact that Alan had to physically drag Vain away from glaring at Artemis.

"Cause the other option was changing our identities and running away to a secret tropical Island." Alan chuckled darkly to himself. "And there are only six seats on the helicopter."

That could only mean...

"... We'd have to leave Alex behind..."I stared up at Alan with haunted eyes "Wouldn't we? "