Chapter 94

Something.

Inside.

Me.

Snapped.

"Get back here!" I screamed.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Love!" The short boy called over his shoulder as he fled. "At least not until you've calmed down a bit!"

"Stop talking like a sweet little old lady when I'm trying to kill you!"

In a blind rage, I chased Artemis across the station, even more, intent on killing him than when I had thought he was Apollo.

"After you put me through all that! And you're not even him!" I screeched, catching up enough to throw a fist at his head.

"I have no idea what you're talking about!" Artemis dodged to the side, dancing backwards out of reach as I continued to assault him. "But I'm sure we can sort this out if you just calm down and talk to me. Please, before you hurt yourself..."

"Hold still so that I can rip your organs out with my bare hands and shut you up by shoving them back down your damn throat!"

"....I humbly decline."

Despite his sweet and innocent attitude, Artemis continued to avoid my attacks with ease, actually seeming more concerned about me than his own peril.

Which only served to make me angrier.

"Don't look down on me!" I cried, swing my leg up in a sharp kick.

And knocked the ice-cream cone from his hand.

We froze, staring at the empty hand in horror.

"My ice-cream." Artemis looked at me like he wanted to cry. "What did I ever do to you...? I've never even met you...I...."

"I'm sorry!" I cried, suddenly overwhelmed by guilt. "I just- its not-I never meant to hurt anybody!"

"Then why were you attacking me?!"

"That's different."

"That's...!"

"Maddison!"

Suddenly I was tackled from behind by a gangly pair of arms.

"Let go of me, Nigel!" I hissed, struggling to get out of his hug like an angry cat. "I'm busy!"

Nigel didn't listen as he hysterically spoke above my head.

"... I tried to stop them! But they wouldn't listen, and now they're coming, and I had to warn you and..."

The exact moment Nigel noticed Artemis was obvious from the way he suddenly stiffened.

"Ahhh!" He cried, leaping back and dragging me along with him. "Apollo is here!"

"It's not Apollo!" I exclaimed, yanking desperately at the tight hold he had around my waist. "Worse, it's his evil Twin, Artemis!"

"Apollo has an evil twin!?" Nigel gasped in horror.

"Evil?" Artemis asked in a hurt voice. "I thought..."

"Wait." I cut him off as sudden realisation hit me like a cement truck.

"Your name is actually Artemis?"

"Uh... Yes?"

"And Apollo's name is actually Apollo?"

"Yes...Are you okay Love? You're starting to look a little pale..."

"Are you trying to tell me.... that your parents literally actually in all seriousness... named their children Artemis and Apollo?!"

Artemis flinched back a little at my crazed expression.

"Well, my dad sort of has a God complex..."

"I thought 'Apollo' was an alias this whole time!" I cried, utterly disturbed.

"Right!" Nigel agreed. "Who would actually name their kids Apollo and Artemis?!"

"Mr McValium obviously... oh, now I get it." My voice went flat. "Its one of those weird rich people things."

".... Ah, yes, it all makes sense now."

"Are you two done?" For the first time since I had met him, Artemis looked irritated....as irritated as a fluffy little housewife.

He pointed to his empty hand accusingly. "In case you may have forgotten, you just murdered my ice-cream!"

"It wasn't my fault!"

"Take responsibility for your crimes and replace it!"

"Guys..."

"Buy it yourself!"

"But you...!"

"Hey!" Nigel shouted, shutting us both up.

Nigel never raises his voice...

".... We... Um.... kinda have more important things to be worrying about." He explained, actually looking a little guilty.

Not liking the sound of that, I slowly followed Nigel's gaze.

And that was when I noticed the angry Mob.