Chapter 49

I was knocked out on impact.

I know this because the next thing I was aware of was waking up with the headache from hell.

And the temper to match.

".... I am going to kill him!" I hissed, shoving myself upright before I had a chance to really wake up and think about it...

The next instant, I was curl up on my side, clutching my head and gagging.

Damn it. Rage fail.

I might look defeated, but no amount of nausea could stop the anger burning through me.... demanding that I get up and murder something...

Still, my throbbing head disagreed with the whole moving part of that plan... And was honestly making a good argument.

Jack better count his lucky stars. Only the likely brain damage I had suffered from playing patty-cake with a giant kept me from my revenge.

"Too little too late Kid." Alex's familiar voice murmured from somewhere above me. "You've been unconscious for an hour. Trying to make a comeback now would just be lame."

Great, Alex is here. Just who I wanted to see me suffering right now.

I muttered something unintelligible, viciously, and forced myself into a sitting position.

Screw having a possible concussion. I do what I want.

Once I was sure I wasn't going to pass out for a second time, I looked up to find Alex sitting in a chair next to my giant bed.

Beyond him recognised the sky blue walls and white curtains from school infirmary... From the many times, I had had to drag Nigel here

Vain was nowhere to be seen, and I was about to ask about his location until I noticed someone sitting next to me on the bed.

As in, right next to me. At my size.

"Ah!" I exclaimed in an impromptu demonstration of wit and intellect, jerking away from the guy in surprise.
I regretted the movement right away

The gods of Throwing Up did not like to be tempted, and I had to beg for mercy through panting breath.

The man beside me looked up from where he reading a school brochure... Somehow also miniaturised...

Pale blue eyes studied me carefully as I fought a losing battle against my stomach...

He gave me a relaxed smile when I glared at him, setting his reading material aside to start unpacking medical equipment from a small brown bag.

It was a little disorientating, seeing him at my size, but it wasn't long before I recognised the shaggy brown curls and crooked glasses from the man I had met yesterday.

"You're that nosy supervisor!" I said, pointing at him accusingly.

"The one and only" He quirked an eyebrow, using a gloved hand to gently lower my pointing hand out of his face. "Though I do have a more official name..."

"Yea, Mr Supervisor." I insisted, making it very clear that I had no interest in hearing his real name.

I'm not about to get cuddly with anyone from the Shrink Program... Not while I was still holding a grudge against them for stealing what little height I had in the first place.

Mr Supervisor's lips twitched in easy amusement, bringing up a little torch to my eyes.

In order to vindictively blind me in revenge.