Chapter 113

"It's not fair! Why do you have to show up just in time to see the entire building under attack by an illegal organisation, with me standing in the dead centre of it all with a smoking gun in my hand?!" I screeched.

"Maddison...."

Frustrated beyond belief, I threw my weapon at the flustered Supervisor, watching as it fell far short of the approaching man.

No matter, I still had plenty of ammo.

"Why is it that you are never around when I actually do something good?!" I flung an arm out in exasperation. "Like that other night, I ate everything on my plate without complaint, even that icky green thing that tasted like fish!"

Proudest moment of my life.

"...I appreciate the effort you're putting into your rehabilitation Maddison, but..." My Supervisor raised his hands imploringly as I continued to bombard him.

"At this rate, I'm never going to get back to normal, and it's all. Your. Fault!"

"....yes, I understand your distress... But could you maybe please stop throwing paperclips at me for a moment...?"

My only reply was to hurl another bright pink paper clip, gritting my teeth in pure frustration as he stopped just outside of my missile's range.

Coward.

"Listen to Maddison." My Supervisor sighed, keeping his blue-green eyes solemnly on me. "I'm really am just here to find out what's going on, and to help out if I can. Of course, I will likely have to write a report on what I witness, but so will every Supervisor here..."

At this, I sent a brief glance around the room, looking at every face and recalling all the bad decisions I had made and all the foul language I had used.

"So what you're saying is...that I was already screwed, regardless of whether or not you showed up."

At once, all the supervisors looked away, guiltily avoiding eye contact.

"Therefore, it is unreasonable to hold me responsible...." My Supervisor begun, taking that last step forward.

"Is that supposed to be reassuring!?" I screamed, throwing the paperclip with all my might, watching with Triumph as it thunked harmlessly off his chest.

But the torture had only just begun.

"Nigel!" I commanded, spinning dramatically to face my lowly minion. "Bring forth, the Eraser of Worlds."

Just as Nigel lifted the eraser ceremoniously over his head to present it to his master, a giant hand intervened between us.

"As much as this is to watch, now probably isn't the time. So let's just put the stationary away..." Peri smiled down at me nervously, watching carefully to make sure I didn't attack his hand like I obviously wanted to.

"Now that Ollie is here to provide another set of hands, we can..."

"Ollie?" I interrupted, frowning in confusion.

He blinked at me equally confused.

"Oliver Green..."

At my obvious lack of understanding, Peri pointed silently over to my Supervisor.

Who waved.

"Your name is Oliver Green?" I stared at him, disbelief obvious on my face. When all he did was give me an awkward smile and nod, I shook my head, utterly disturbed.