Chapter 93

I had to know.

I needed to know that he was real and that I wasn't going insane.

Because if I was, I was going to have to add "bat shit crazy" to my resume.

Ignoring Nigel's startled exclamation, I leapt to my feet, crossing the room in a frenzied blur.

In my desperation, I bumped into someone, causing them to drop their lunch tray with a cry.

I shot a hasty "Sorry!" Over my shoulder, sprinting the rest of the way.... only to reach the elevator a moment too late, catching sight of Apollo just as the doors closed.

I stared at the closed door.

He's here.

Well, that's a relief. For a second there I thought I was going crazy... Wait a second.

Apollo is here.

"Oh, my God." I stared at my clenching hands in stunned realisation. "I can't believe it. I'm actually about to murder someone. I'm going to snuff out the life of another human being with my bare hands."

I started cackling manically.

"I'm going to KILL HIM!" I screamed, jerking my head up to check what floor the elevator was going to. S for Station.

Laughing as I went, I sprinted over to the door standing to the right of the elevator, slamming it open and bursting onto the stairs that were located in behind the elevator.

Beginning my descent, I flew down the winding stairs like a bird on crack. Needless to say, it wasn't very pretty, but it got the job done.

After nearly breaking my neck several times, I reached the bottom of the stairs and slammed hastily into the door leading out into the station.

Which hurt.

A lot.

Since it was a pull and not a push door.

As my head spun from the collision, I could practically hear Winkle and Peri laughing their asses off as they watched me through the hidden cameras.... or whatever it was they used to spy on me.

Of course, I couldn't know for sure that they were actually watching me at this exact moment, but I'm paranoid like that.

Yanking the door open, I mentally added the incident to my list of reasons why I had to kill Apollo.

Running out onto the platform, I frantically scanned the crowd, searching for one soon-to-be-corpse.

A huge smile formed on my lips as I spotted him, casually walking... No idea of the horror that was about to befall him.

Sprinting after Apollo, I paid no mind to the innocent bystanders as I leapt.

"I dedicate this first kick to my phone!" I cried. Leaping forward, I swung my leg in a sharp kick aimed at the back of his head. "May it finally rest in peace!"

Showing no sign that he'd noticed me at all, Apollo suddenly bent over, avoiding my kick effortlessly.

With a strangled cry, I lost my balance, landing in a painful heap on the floor.

Sorry mobile. Your vengeance will have to wait for just a second...

"Ow." I groaned, pulling myself up into a sitting position. "Or better yet. Fu..."

"Are you okay?"

I jerked, the familiar voice startling me into raising my gaze upward.

Apollo. The same short-ass emo mastermind that had tormented me for so long. Only now, we were the same size.

He stood there, ice-cream cone in one hand, a coin in the other, a concerned look on his face.

A gentle, concerned look.

The sort you would give a small child that had just fallen over.

"Uh...." I began, my outrage sputtering slightly at the confused look in Apollo's green eyes.

"Oh! Where are my manners?" Jumping with realisation, Apollo tucked the coin into the pocket of his uniform and reached a hand down to me. "Here Love, do you think you can stand?"

Love?

I recoiled in horror from what had to be the brightest, warmest, nicest, kindest, most loving smile on the planet.

What. The. Actual. Hell?

Like a child that had been following a rainbow all day only to realise that it only led to a giant pile of homework, I was on the verge of bursting into tears.

"Why? " I half sobbed. "Does all the weird stuff have to happen to me?"

Apollo gave me a confused look, his eyes concerned. "What's wrong? Are you hurt sweetheart?"

Sweetheart?

"You!" I accused, pointing at him in indignant outrage. "Stop acting nice! What sort of sick game are you playing with me? Apollo, you insane psychopath why...?!"

"Apollo?" The boy in front of me blinked, suddenly brightened, and after a moment started laughing joyfully. He waved a dismissive hand.

"I'm not sure who you are Miss, but Apollo's my cute baby brother."

B-brother? C-cute?

Smiling like a complete airhead, the Apollo look-alike reached down to shake my hand.

"Nice to meet you, dear, I'm Artemis. Artemis McValium."