Chapter 103

"Garmen! We have a huge problem!"

"What?!"

"I forgot my pheromones!"

Still hanging upside down in Jack's hand, my tormentor and I shared a private conversation with our eyes alone.

"What is that weird blue-haired alien talking about?" Jacks curious gaze asked me.

"Trust me, you don't want to know," I answered with an exhausted glare.

Jack tilted his head. "Should I even bother stopping to fight them?"

"... Using pheromones as a weapon is stupid enough in itself without you forgetting to bring them in the first place! Honestly, Havoc, it's stupid, even for you."

"I am not stupid! One splash of Chemical 377262 K and a swarm of killer bees would descend upon him like an Army of Angry...Bees!

"Not only do we not have Killer Bees on this continent, Havoc, that particular variety of bee lives on the other side of the planet from us."

"Really?"

"Obviously."

"Huh... Well, that puts a very serious hole in that plan."

"I believe you are right.....But still, leaves the question of what are we going to do? "

"....what about chemical 452738 H?"

"I don't think snapping turtles are going to help in this situation..."

"Just ignore them and keep walking," I told Jack with a wave of my hand.

As always, Jack just smiled, seeming amused as he silently walked past the arguing supervisors.

Not particularly using misdirection, Jack had made it all the way to the double doors before the two supervisors even noticed.

"Hey! Don't ignore us!" Havoc cried indignantly.

You're one to talk...

Now that the Supervisors were behind Jack, I was able to see them over his shoulder, and what I saw shocked me out of my ire.

The two idiotic, nerdy, cricket-crazy supervisors looked like they had both been in a car accident.

Covered in scratches and bruises, their lab coats torn and even one of the lenses in Garmen's specs was cracked.

But most importantly, their eyes had lost the eerie blue colour.

The colour that indicated that they were synchronised with the system that controlled the nanotechnology inside their bodies.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here, and say that is not a good sign.

Jack slightly turned, giving the two men an apologetic smile over his shoulder.

"Oh, I'm sorry. It's just that you seemed busy... and I didn't want to interrupt anything important."

"Damn right it was important!" Havoc growled, hands on hips, grey eyes furious. "Doesn't mean we'll let you get to run off with our star cricket players though!"

And so the motivation becomes clear...

"No. I suppose you won't." Jack turned with a heartfelt sigh, giving the two his full attention.

Garmen raised an eyebrow, face calm, but his dark brown eyes showing more anger than I had ever seen from the serious man before.

"Young man, would you mind not handling our patient like that," Garmen demanded in a dangerously low tone, his hands twitching at his sides.