•Chapter One Hundred & Seven•

M U T E D

Season 8

Bobbie's Point of View:

Silence filled the air between Rick and I as we dug up the grave for Carl. There was tension between us and I was sure you could carve anything with it.

After putting Carl in his forever bed, Rick and I packed our things and grabbed a truck to get to the Hilltop.

"Got everything?" Rick asks me. I nod my head at him as I shut the back door. Rick's eyes soon fall to the side and I see him walking away from me. I figured he would've got in the drivers side. Instead, he grabs a fire extinguisher and runs over to the one place Carl sat on everyday. He begins putting out the fire on the balcony, but I realized walkers became making their way over to us. I grab his arms, trying to pull him away.

"He used to sit on the roof." He fights back. I took a deep breath as he continued to put out the fire and walkers grew closer. I look around and noticed the house at the nearest house. I run over to the hose, turn on the walker and drag the hose with me, putting out the rest of the fire. Rick soon then begins taking out any walkers that came too close, and soon, he tries pulling me away.

"Bobbie, we have to go!" He shouts. He snatches the hose from hands and throws it down before dragging me away. We both jump into the truck and Rick speeds off.

Getting out of Alexandria was easier than I thought. The gates were left open by the Saviors, so we didn't have to get out of the truck to open it for our escape.

For about fifteen minutes, Rick didn't say a word to me, about anything. I figured he would've asked me questions about Carl, about being out there with him. But he wasn't. I'm thinking the only thing I can do best for him, is give his space, and maybe see if he'll come to me.

"What do you think he meant? Did he want us to stop fighting the Saviors?" Rick asks me. "Just...surrender to Negan?" I look down and see the familiar envelopes Carl wrote to us, Michonne must've left the bag behind.

"We could pull over and read the notes." I mouth to Rick, showing him the letters.

"No. Not yet. Not me." Rick shakes his head. I began looking through the stack of notes Carl wrote to. The last one took me by surprise. He wrote one to Negan. I turn my head and lifted the note up, showing Rick. Rick's eyebrows furrows down.

"I need to talk to Jadis." Rick says.

"What?" I question.

"They have weapons...people. We can't just give that up. They went with me to the Sanctuary. The Saviors saw us there. They're gonna be a target, too. We still need them. They're ours, not theirs." Rick explains.

Rick and I arrive to the Scavengers home. We climb out of the van, straight to the cargo and slowly made our way inside. We noticed something seemed off. The door was open. Usually it's closed and you'd have to knock for them to let you inside.

I approach the door and peak inside, seeing nobody around the entrance. I turn to Rick and see him approaching my side. He pushes the door open we suddenly hear things being moved. Rick suddenly yanks my arm and we both run inside. We watch as a bunch of trash that laid on top of the door falls and blacks our way inside. This was a trap. I turn my head when I noticed something moving in the corner of my eye. Everyone, all the Scavengers, made their way towards Rick and I, but they weren't alive. They were all dead. I grab Rick's arm and point.