•Chapter Ninety•

M U T E D

Season 6

Daryl's Point of View:

"You drop 'em now!" I made eye to eye contact and see Dwight approaching Rosita and I, dragging Eugene with him. The hell? How the hell Eugene get dragged into this? He's scared, tied up, dirty.

"Well, hell. You got somethin to say to me? You gonna clear the air? Step up on that high horse?" Dwight looks different. One side of his face is messed up, like he got burned or something. "No. You don't talk much." My eyes look at my crossbow in his hand, it angered me to see someone else other than me holding it. "Still getting the hang of her. Kicks like a bitch, but-"

"Should've done it." I growled.

"Oh, what was that? Seriously, I didn't catch what you said." He says.

"I should've killed you." I growl.

"Yeah, you probably should've. So, here we are. Kind of begs the question. Who brought this on who? I mean, I get you'll just have to take my word for this, but....she wasn't the one I was even Simon for." He huffs out a laugh. "Like I said, kicks like a bitch. It's nothing personal. Look, this isn't how we like to start new business arrangements, but, you pricks kinda set the tone, didn't you?"

"What do you want?" Rosita asks.

"I'm sorry, darlin. I didn't catch your name. I'm D, or Dwight. You can call me either. So? What's your name?" Dwight asks.

"Rosita. What do you want?" Rosita rolls her tongue, I guess to show how fierce she actually is. Rosita's bad ass, I don't fight her on that.

"Well, Rosita...it's not what I want. It's what you and Daryl are going to do. You're gonna let us into your little complex. It looks like it's just beautiful in there. And then you're going to let us take whatever and whoever we want...or we blow Eugene's brains out. And then yours. And then his. I hope it doesn't come to that really. Nobody else has to die. We just try and start with one. You know...maximum impact to get our point across. So what's it gonna be, you tell me?"

"You wanna kill someone? Start with our companion hiding over there behind the oil barrels." Eugene says. Rosita and I turn our heads and we look behind the oil barrels. "He's first-class a-hole and he deserves it so much more than us three." I squint my eye a little and noticed the man Eugene was talking about was Abraham.

"Go check it out!" Dwight orders his men. Four men walk over to the barrels and scope around. Seconds later, I can head Dwight screaming and gunfire poppin around. I dodged the bullets and run behind the only car near us, takin cover and shooting at the men and Dwight. Eugene...that man...got his face deep in Eugene's crotch, biting at Dwight's dick. Makes me laugh in the inside, but it only lasted a second when Dwight kicks Eugene off. I finally begins shooting at Dwight, he misses my bullets so far, but I ain't stop til he's dead.

"Fall back! Fall back!" I hear. I got up to follow Dwight but more gunfire keeps me put. Once the gunfire stop, I slid across the hood of the car and run after Dwight.

"Daryl, stop!" I hear Rosita yell, I didn't make it into the damn tree line. I watched as Dwight and his men all retrieved back, getting farther and farther away from me. I turn around and see Eugene layin on the tracks bleeding. I quickly run over to Abraham and Rosita and helped pick up Eugene. As we moved down the tracks, we all look down at Denise. It honestly hurt me to see her dead, see her gone. She was a good kid, a really good kid and she was nice. I was always a dick to her, but we still had good moments. Didn't realize I almost had a little sister...until I lost her.