•Chapter One Hundred & Thirteen•

M U T E D

Season 9

Daryl's Point of View:

I let my legs dangle off the side of the dock. I pull the cigarette box out and lit up a match, lightin up the cigarette between my teeth. I inhaled deeply and blew out the smoke. I hear the door open up and I glance back behind me to see Carol standing. I lift my hand up and offered her my cigarette. She takes the cigarette but she tosses it down and puts it out.

"Those things'll kill you." She says. As much as I was annoyed that she wasted a perfect cigarette, knowin it's a damn bitch findin them, I let it go. She kneels down and joins my side. I let out a sigh and look at her.

"Why aren't you in bed?" I ask.

"Why aren't you?" She sighs. "We don't sleep. Ezekiel, on the other hand, sleeps like a baby. It's annoying." She says.

"B only sleeps like a baby when I put her to sleep." I say. Carol snorts.

"Never tell me about your sex life, knowing you never wanted me like that." I let out a small laugh but it came out more as a scoff. Hasn't changed. She playfully flirts with me every chance she gets. She knows it makes me feel uncomfortable, but we both find it funny.

"Does he snore fancy, too?" I ask. She lightly punches my leg.

"Stop it." She smiles.

"No, he's alright." I utter. "He's a bit corny, but..." I shrug.

"Glad I have Pookie's approval." She smiles. I sigh and shake my head.

"Told B you two been hangin around each other for too long. Got her callin me Pookie now." I scoff. Carol laughs again. We both fall silent for a minute, listenin to the crickets chirpin.

"After what I went through with Ed, corny is really, really nice." I nod my head.

"No. I'm happy for you." I say. She turns her head and looks at me. "If anybody deserves to be happy, it's you. I don't like not seein you, though." Carol sighs.

"Daryl."

"Hmm?"

"I wanna take over here for a while, for you, and don't argue." I turn my head towards her. I nod my head and kept the argument down.

"You gonna bring Henry and the King with you?" I ask.

"I haven't told him yet." She shakes her head. She lets out another sigh. "He asked me to marry him."

I turn my head in surprise. "What?"

"Yeah. And a part of me just wanted to say 'yes' right then."

"Why didn't ya?"

"I don't know. I want to help out, take my time, you know?" I let out a sigh and look at her.

"You want me to stay with you?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"No." She says. I didn't say anything else after. She pulls her legs up and slides her arm under mines. She lays her head on my shoulder and cuddles into me. I didn't say anything but just let it happen. Never really care what Carol does with me, long as she don't try kissin me, that's when we might start having problems. As much as I love Carol, could never cheat on B with her, or with any woman for a fact.