•Chapter Seventy Two•

M U T E D

Season 5

Bobbie's Point of View:

Michonne walks over to Rick as he puts the photos back in Aaron's pack. Sasha and Maggie are down on the ground next to Aaron, making sure he was okay.

"So we're clear, that wasn't a "let's attack that man" look. It was a "he seems like an okay guy" look." Michonne says.

"Let's see what this guy really is." Rick says.

"Rick." Michonne softly says, but Rick ignores her.

"Everybody else, we need eyes in every direction. They're comin for us. We might not know how or when, but they are." Rick says.

"Me and Sasha, we didn't see him. If he had wanted to hurt us, he would've." Maggie says.

"Anybody see anything?" Rick asks.

"Just a lot of places to hide." Glenn says.

"Alright, keep looking." Rick orders. He then turns to Carl who went through Aaron's pack. I held Judith tight in my arms, making sure I was preparing myself for anything that could happen. If there is a chance we get ambushed, Judith will be my top priority.

"That's a hell of a right cross there, Rick." Aaron suddenly says. I look down at him and see him smiling.

"Sit him up." Rick orders.

"I think it's better if-" Maggie starts.

"It's okay." Aaron assures her.

"He's fine." Rick says. "Sit him up." Maggie and Sasha carefully pull Aaron up.

"You're being cautious. I completely understand." Aaron nods.

"How many of your people are out there?" Rick asks. "You have a flare gun. You have to signal your people. How many of them are there?"

"Does it matter?" Aaron sighs.

"Yes." Rick says. "Yes, it does."

"I mean, of course, it matters how many people are actually out there, but does it matter how many people I tell you are out there? Because I'm pretty sure no matter what number I say...eight, thirty-two, four hundred-forty-four, zero..." Rick grows antsy and so does everyone else. "No matter what I say, you're not going to trust me." Aaron says.

"Well, it's hard to trust anyone who smiles after getting punched in the face." Rick shrugs.

"How about a guy who leaves bottles of water for you in the road?" Aaron says.

"How long you people been following us?" Rick growls.

"Long enough to see that you practically ignore a pack of roamers on your tail. Long enough to see that despite a lack of food and water, you never turned on each other. You're survivors and you're people. Like I said, and I hope you don't punch me for saying it again, that is the most important resource in the world."