•Chapter Twenty Five•

M U T E D

Season 2

Daryl's Point of View:

"B's missing." I say.

"How many people are we gonna lose tonight?" Andrea sighs.

"We're not gonna lose anyone! Don't say that!" I growl.

"What are we gonna do? Carl's missing. Bobbie's missing." Carol says.

"We're gonna have to use the cars, take out as many walkers as we can. Use the cars to lead the rest of them off." Maggie says.

"Daryl. We can't do this without you. For all we know, she could've started herself." Glenn says. I hesitate for a minute and I nod my head.

"She's fine. She's always fine. Nothing can bring her down." Maggie says. I finally agree and we all head out to the cars. I get to my bike and hop on, turning it on and riding around the field and keeping myself behind the wired fence. T-Dog and Maggie drive around, along with me, as the others stayed at the house. I kept a sharp eye out for B, but so far, I didn't see any sign of her. After a while, I noticed the barn suddenly blows up into flames. Jimmy drives by with the R.V. and parks it, shooting the walkers.

"Yo! Must've been Rick or Shane started the fire. Maybe they're trying to get out back! Why don't you circle around? Go!" I order. Jimmy drives off to the barn.

Bobbie's Point of View:

I sat myself down in the basement and waited for everyone to return with some type of news that they found Randall. I just wanna know the story. The story about why Shane decided to blame Randall's disappearance on me. I leaned up against the wall and I stared off into space, thinking about what all brings tomorrow.

"No, you'll lead 'em right to him. We can't stay here!"

"That's my boy!"

"You have to trust. If we find him, he's gonna need his mother. We've gotta go."

"Get the others."

"Beth, Patricia, come on. We've gotta go." I jump up and hear the heavy footsteps on the flooring above me. I stand up and pick up my bow. I run up the stairs and push the door open, but it wouldn't open.

What the hell? Open it!

I'm trying! It's locked!

How is it locked? Nobody comes down here! Just open it!

I begin banging on the door, trying to grab anyone's attention. I grab the doorknob and turn it, banging my body against it, trying to break it down. I had to have been trying to break free for ten minutes until the door busts open and I hit the wall. I stand up and run to the living room, seeing everyone gone.

Shit! Where did everyone go?!

I run to my things and picked up anything I knew I'd need to protect myself. I finally get to the front door and bust through it, seeing nothing but the biggest heard of walkers roaming around.