•Chapter One Hundred & Thirty Six•

M U T E D

Season 10

Daryl's Point of View:
I waited on the stairs for Lydia to come meet me here. With everyone pickin on her, callin her a freak and all, she's been havin a tough time. Of course, everyone's got the right to be mad because we've lost people, too many good people. But that doesn't mean they can take their anger out on Lydia's she's just a kid. And she's part of this family now. Whether people like it or not. They're gonna have to accept that one way or another.

I over heard over in the dining area, Lydia cut open an animal, teased everyone about it. She dug into it, got blood all over her hands an did the whole Alpha thing but shushing them. It made everyone uncomfortable. Now, that's happened, it's up to me to make sure I talk to her.

Lydia finally meets me and she leans against the wall, arms crossed over her chest, holdin an angered expression on her face.

"You do wanna live here, right?" I ask her.

"They deserved it." She scoffs.

"I know." I nod. "But you can't be doin shit like that."

"But they can just write whatever the hell they want on our door?" She frowns.

"I'll talk to 'em. I'll set 'em straight." I reassure her.

"No, please. I don't want you to fight my fights for me, okay? They want me to give up. I know that. But I'm not gonna, okay? I can't."

"I get it. Can't you just avoid them?" Lydia lets out a sigh and grabs her weapon stick. She gives me a glare before walkin towards the doorway. God, I feel like I'm a father, talkin to her like this.

"I heard what happened with Bobbie. Is she okay?" She asks.

"She's fine. She's...gettin the help she needs." I nod. Lydia nods her head.

"I was thinking about...visiting her later. Is that okay? Even if she is asleep or awake, I just want her to know that I'm always there for her. I don't know if she likes me or not-"

"She does." I nod at her. "She's just...goin through a tough time is all." Lydia nods her head. "Look, just try to avoid 'em. Don't let 'em pick on you. Not sayin fight them, but you see them, turn the other direction." I say. Lydia frowns at me and rolls her eyes before storming off. I let out a sigh, rubbing my hands over my face.

"Great."

I leaned against the cell door, watchin over B. The sun fell and I waited for Lydia to come visit her. She hasn't stopped by yet. Or maybe she came before I got here. Negan stopped by, checked on her, said she's still asleep. Hasn't woken up since we gave her that sedative. B must've really needed it. I just hope she comes out okay.

A knock fills my ears and I see the door open up. Charlie walks in.

"What's up, man?" I ask.

"Margo is dead." He informs. I furrow my brows, stepping out of the cell and locking it behind me. Charlie and I quickly exit out of the room and run off. Charlie and I make it to the scene and find people surrounding the area. Lydia's on the ground in a hysterical state. Aaron joins and he looks around. Margo, one of Ozzy's people, is leaning against the building with blood trailin down her head, Siddiq looks up at me and he shakes his head. She's dead. Negan stood off to the side, listening to everyone talk down on him. I rush over to Lydia, grabbed her arm and keeping her comforted as best as I could.

"Should've never let him out. You freak! This is your fault!" One yells at Lydia.

"It was Negan! Negan killed her!" Another yells.