•Chapter Forty Four•

M U T E D

Season 3

Bobbie's Point of View:

I sat myself down, leaning against the concrete wall of the guard tower in the courtyard. Thinking all about what Carol is accusing me of, it's stupid! Why would she think I'm seeing a ghost? I'm fine, I'm okay. I'm not seeing a ghost. Charlie is real. She just hasn't seen him. He's scared and he's always hiding in the bushes.

But you know something is wrong. You're choosing to ignore it.

There isn't anything wrong with me. I'm not crazy. I'm completely fine.

That's exactly what every crazy person says. You're not fine. Think about, why would Carol make something like that up? She wouldn't do it just for fun. She's only looking out for you.

"Bobbie," I pick up my head and see Rick, Daryl, Carol, Hershel and everybody else standing in front of me. Seeing everyone standing here before me makes me realize that...maybe something is wrong with me. They wouldn't be standing here just for the hell of it. Their all here because I'm...I'm losing my mind? I'm going crazy? I'm seeing ghosts? No. No! Charlie is real and I will prove it to them.

I stand up and eye everyone. Sebastian steps you and he stands between us all. I finally lift my hands and I talk to him, who translates everything for me.

"She uh, she wants to show us. That Charlie is real." He says.

"Charlie." Rick utters.

"The little boy she sees. He lives out in the woods. Says he's alone. People killed his parents in front of him. He's out there. And she wants to prove it to us." Sebastian says.

"Alright." Rick nods. "I'll take Daryl with me." He says. I take a deep breath and shake my head. Their going to look like idiots when they realize that Charlie is real.

I lead Rick and Daryl through the woods. Rick tells me we should try to make it quick. He wants to keep getting ready for the war we're going face to face with Woodbury. He doesn't want any distractions. But behind me, Rick says this is important. He doesn't want to see me get hurt.

"She ain't right in the head. We in the middle of war, she sees Charlie. She'll only let her guard down. Could take a bullet to the head." I hear Daryl behind me. I roll my eyes and realize we're at the bush with thorns. I turn back to the boys and they watch me.

"Through here, B?" Daryl asks. I'm beginning to rethink everything. If Charlie sees me with people, he's gonna run.

"Bobbie?"

"B." Rick and Daryl call.

"Let me go first. If he sees you guys, he'll run." I explain. They both nod their heads and I push my way between the thorn bush and I step out. I locked my eyes on Charlie's hut, but I don't see or hear any movement from inside. I slowly approach closer to the hut and I kneel down. I pick up the flashlight and I click it four times. I wait for Charlie to respond but nothing happens. I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder and I see Rick and Daryl standing behind me. I stand up and frown at them.

"Wait. Wait." Rick says. "I see a body in there." He utters.

"Could be asleep." Daryl says. "I'll go in." He says. Rick holds my hand and we remained in place as Daryl grabs my flashlight. He bends over and crawls into Charlie's hut. I waited for a terrified scream, but nothing happens. It's quiet for an agonizing time before Daryl comes back out. I smile when I see him holding Charlie in his arms, but my smile quickly fades away when I see how pale he is. He isn't just pale. He's got a gunshot wound to his head and his body seems as if it's been decomposing for a week now.