•Chapter Thirty•

M U T E D

Season 3

Daryl's Point of View:

We make it back to the cafeteria. We learned everyone's name's. Thomas; the guy with the gun. Oscar; tall and skinny man. Big Tiny; tall yet kinda chubby guy. Axel; the blondie. And Andrew; the smallest one.

Pantry's back here!" Thomas shouts walking to the back.

"You never tried to break out of here?" T asks.

"We tried to take the doors off. But if you make one peep in here, then those freaks will be lined up outside the door growling, trying to get in. Windows got bars on them that he-man couldn't get through." Oscar says.

"Bigger than 5'8." Axel says.

"You won't find me complaining. Doing fifteen. My left leg can barely fit in one of those bunks." Big Tiny says.

"Yeah, they don't call him Big Tiny for nothing." Oscar smiles at him.

"You done jerking each other off? I'm getting sick of waiting back here." Thomas pops in. We follow Rick and Thomas. We walk into the pantry and I turn my flashlight on, pointing at all the food that's left over. I then point my light at Thomas' face.

"That's what you call a little bit of food?" I growl at him.

"Goes fast." Thomas smiles.

"Mmhm." I respond.

"You can have a bag of corn, some tuna fish." Thomas says.

"We said half. That's the deal." Rick says and turns to a door. "What's in here?"

"Don't open that." Big Tiny says as Rick opens it. He gags before coughing, causing all the prisoners to laugh, mostly Thomas and Andrew.

"He wanted to know!"

"Can't wait for my own pot to piss in." Axel sighs. I look at Rick and we both nod our heads in agreement.

"Food's here." T calls as we walk to the cell block. Carl opens the door just in time and he allows us inside. I sat down everything and I quickly go to B's cell. Carol happened to be in there, checking up on her. The guy is still here.

"How is she?" I ask.

"Her pulse is a little weaker." Carol says.

"Why?" I ask, approaching B's side.

"I don't know. We can't exactly put in an I.V. for her. We don't have that kind of medicine." She says. "But...Carl found the infirmary, brought everything back. Cleaned it out." She says.

"And there ain't nothin useful for B?" I question. Carol slightly shakes her head.

"She...never said anything. She didn't tell me if she was tired or weak or anything." The man says. I sigh and began pacing back and forth.

"How is she?" Rick comes.

"Not good. We don't know what's wrong with her." I say.