•Chapter One Hundred & Twenty Three•

M U T E D

Season 9

Bobbie's Point of View:
Everyone walked in a hurry to get back to Hilltop. Michonne and Aaron helped walk Eugene, as his knee is still dislocated, while Daryl and I carried Jesus' body. We were trying to get back to the horses where Eugene can finally rest his knee and we wouldn't have to keep carrying Jesus.

I throw my head out, peaking from Jesus' head that rested on my chest. Daryl catches my eyes and he holds a stare with me.

"Think there's more?" I mouth to him. Being that my hands are full in this moment, using my mouth was the only way to communicate with Daryl.

"Yeah." He nods. We all come to a stop as Magna reaches the nearest fence, pulling on the latch to let ourselves through.

"So, what do we do?" Yumiko asks.

"Right now, keep moving." Michonne orders. I held my breath as I hooked a couple of fingers through Jesus' belt loops, pulling him up and closer to me.

"Wanna trade? Could help Michonne. Let Aaron take over." Daryl suggests. I simply shake my head as we continued moving forward. We finally see the horses insight and we quickly get to one of them, hauling Jesus' body on the saddle sideways. I wipe the sweat from my forehead, huffing out a breath. Daryl and I lock eyes and he taps my shoulder before we both join Michonne, already leading the way home.

We were both confused who the two extra people were. Magna and Yumiko. They aren't with us I know that for sure. Never seen them in my life. Could be new from Alexandria, not so sure about Hilltop or Kingdom.

"Judith found them." Michonne fills my curiosity. "Vouched for 'em. So do I."

"Alright." Daryl nods.

"It's gonna mean a lot to them. Bringin' him back. Burying him." Michonne says, her voice beginning to break.

"Sorry I couldn't do that for you." Daryl says.

"I'm sorry I couldn't do it for both of us." Michonne sighs. Her eyes turn to me. "The three of us." She adds. I show her a small smile. "Thank you. For trying to find him. And...for after." Daryl rests his hand on Michonne's shoulder and she grabs his hand. He soon drops his hand closest to Michonne and grabs mine, squeezing it. We drop hands as soon as we hear Dog barking in the distance. We turn the path and see a bridge just ahead of us, with a cover on top of it. There's a small group of walkers circling the bridge.

"The livin kind or the original recipe?" Eugene asks.

"Lets find out." Daryl growls. As we got closer, everyone seemed to wait for the walkers to come to them. An idea pops into my head and I found myself reaching for an arrow, loading it into my bow and aiming it at a walker. I lower the arrow head to the walkers leg and I released the arrow. The walker I shot let out screams of pain before dropping to the ground, holding onto his leg. Two other walkers turn to the screaming man and began munching on him. That's when we see the rest of the walkers turning away. But they see Michonne standing at the other end of the bridge.

I step closer as one stops moping around and lifts his arms, pulling out his knife from the sleeve of his shirt. He runs at me, swinging his knife around. I throw a kick and knock his leg from under him. He falls to the ground but throws his knife out towards me. I kick his arm before stomping down on it.