•Chapter Eighty Three•

M U T E D

Season 5

Daryl's Point of View:

I pushed the bike around, tryna find a way back to Sasha and Abraham. The bike suddenly stops and I realized it's stuck. I let out a grunt and pushed harder. I kept pushin and pushin before I realized a small dip down was below me. I held tight of the bike and slid down the small hill. I drop the bike by a bush and shot back up, grabbing the walkie off my jacket.

"Sasha. Abraham, you there?" I waited for a response but I didn't get anything. I could hear tapping noises and I look down to see a burned skull with fresh blood spots on it. I look at my hand and saw fresh blood dripping blood on the skull. I let out a sigh and pulled the glove off, flicking my hand clear of the blood. I let out soft groans and grunts as I pulled my left arm free of the jacket and I saw the back of my arm and elbow bleeding. I finally slip the jacket off and grabbed my bag, looking for some bandages.

The sudden sound of rustling near me causes me to stop. I pause and look around, waiting to see or hear a walker, or somebody I know. Nothing. I throw my bag over my shoulder, picked up my crossbow and pulled the pile of leaves and sticks over the bike, hiding it.

I walked ahead, searching for whatever is hiding. The sound it made wasn't a walker, now that I think of it. It sounded like a person sneaking around. I noticed a large bush between two trees and I quickly turned around it, seeing two women hiding. A tall brunette one and a short blonde headed one.

"You found us. We earned what we took." The taller one says. I hear somethin behind me and I turn around, only to meet face to face with a blonde headed guy whack me in the face with a large branch.

"Probably just another soldier. Probably hates him, too." I open my eyes and noticed a fire cracking in front of me, along with the three musketeers sitting across from me. It's night. The whole time, I was in and out. The final time, I stayed asleep for the rest of the night.

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. I open my eyes and saw my hands tied together and my body pressed against a tree. I turn to my right and see the same guy that knocked me out kneeled beside me with a gun in his hand.

"Get up." He orders. "Hey, get up!" I could hear the gun cocking and I could see him pointin the barrel in my face. "We're moving. Here's the deal. You don't say shit and I don't kill you." He says.

"I ain't who you think." I finally say. The hammer clicks on the gun and he points it back in my face.

"Say somethin else." He growls. "Go ahead." He grabs my tied hands and pulls me up. "Follow them." He orders, referring to the two women. I did like I was told and followed the girls. We walked for about an hour in total silence. As we walked around, I could see bodies lyin everywhere. We then slowed down and I see the skinny, tall woman handing me the water bottle.

"Have it." I ignored her offer and continued moving. Seconds later, the blonde guy steps in front of me, shoving the water bottle in my face.

"We don't need you falling down. Drink." He orders. I finally grab the bottle and drank the rest of the water. I didn't realize how thirsty I was. "They find us, maybe we give you to them, they let us call it even." He says. I hold a stare with him, trying to figure out what he's even talking about. "You see, we're reasonable people. Everybody's got their code. You feel you gotta kneel, that's fair enough. We don't. Let's go." He snatches the bottle from my hand and pushes me ahead.