•Chapter Sixty Two•

M U T E D

Season 4

Bobbie's Point of View:

Rick, Carl, Michonne and I stopped for the night to rest and make a camp fire. I built the fire while Rick sets up some dinner like beans. We've only got two cans of beans left so we gotta make the best of it. Earlier, Rick went out to set up some traps to catch some little animals for dinner.

"How hungry are you on scale of one to ten?" Rick asks.

"Fifteen." Carl smiles.

"Twenty eight." Michonne laughs.

"Yeah. Well, it's been a while. I'm gonna go check the snares." Rick says and stands up.

"Can I go with you?" Carl asks. Rick stares at his son with smile.

"Well, how else are you gonna learn?" He says. "Hey, you two. We'll stay another day or two. Get some more rest." He says to Michonne and I. Rick helps me up on my feet and we follow him through the woods.

"Finish healing up?" Michonne asks Rick.

"I'm almost there." Rick nods.

"We're close now, right? To Terminus?" Carl asks.

"Yeah. We are." Rick nods.

"When we get there, what are we gonna tell them?" Carl asks.

"Tell them what?" Rick asks.

"Tell them everything, what's happened to us. All the stuff we've done. Are we gonna tell them the truth?" Carl asks.

"We're gonna tell them who we are." Rick pats Carl's shoulder and gives him a nod.

"But how do we say that? I mean...who are we?" Carl asks. Rick seemed like he didn't know how to answer that question. Carl did have a point. Who even are we? Survivors really isn't anything, that's everybody. I guess nobody really is anything anymore. We're all people trying to survive.

"There you go. It's a small one. It'll do." Rick says as we approach the snares. "So, this is just a simple slip knot. Tie one on both ends, then you tighten one side to a branch. Now, you see how the ground is kinda like a funnel shape?" Rick points and shows us the ropes he used for the snare traps. My eyes follow the funnel shaped trail in the trap.

"It's a trail?" Carl asks.

"That's right. That's where you want to set the noose. So you hide it with leaves. Then you put sticks all around it so any animals going by have to run right this way right into the trap." Rick yanks his arm away and the rope tied down around his wrist. He shows us how the noose will look when an animal runs through the trap. We all nod our heads, me actually learning something new. I was glad Rick was teaching me this, teaching us this.

"Help! Somebody help!" Carl suddenly takes off to the voice that called out for help.

"Carl, wait. Carl!" Rick yells and we all followed after him. Because Carl is smaller and...pretty much younger than us, he was able to run faster than us. Rick passes me and he's able to grab Carl's body before he shoots his gun.