•Chapter One Hundred & Thirty Nine•

M U T E D
Season 10

Bobbie's Point of View:
The sun had finally fallen below the horizon. We've still got sunlight left, but the sun isn't directly in the sky anymore. We walked through the field of tall grass, moving quietly but fast.

"Good with these rules?" Daryl asks.

"Yeah. Stay quiet and don't be seen." Carol responds.

"No tracks, no killin walkers neither." Daryl adds. "Find a bunch of bodies with holes in their heads, we might as well leave a note sayin we were here."

"Watch, learn, leave." Carol says.

"Yeah, if things go sideways, we head back." Daryl says. "We get split up, you meet me right here, alright?"

"Yeah." Carol and I nod. "And be safe." Carol adds.

"We got look luck on our side, alright?" Daryl points to the double headed acorns in his vest Carol had found earlier. She called it good luck and Daryl kept it. We finally push on. We find the herd of walkers and kept ourselves in the treeline hidden and quiet. Daryl parted a little ways from Carol and I. We learned and studied the walkers and the whisperers.

I turn my head and see Daryl motioning for us to pull back. I tap on Carol's shoulder and point at Daryl, who motions us again. I take a step to the side to meet with Daryl but a twig breaks under my foot. Carol grabs me and holds me against her. We turn our heads and see a couple of walkers coming in our direction. We slowly move off to the side and parted ways with the whisperers.

"Not here." We hear carefully.

"Find them." Another whispers. Carol releases me and I remained hidden on the floor. I watched as the whisperers pass by, leaving no notice of our presence around them.

I turn my head around and noticed Carol was gone. I furrow my brows in confusion, looking for her. Where did she go? Why did she leave me? Did I miss the signal that we were both supposed to run? I felt a strong hand on my shoulder and I spin around to find a large figure standing over me. I react quick by pushing them away, standing up and looking around for any sign of Daryl or Carol. I feel the strong hand again and I turn towards them, the moon light finally shining down on their face. Daryl holds his finger up to his mouth to keep me quiet. His face and neck is covered in blood and I grow confused. As more walkers pass by, we fall to our knees to keep hidden.

"Where is Carol?" Daryl signs to me.

"She was with me one minute, I turn back and she's gone. I don't know where she went." I tell him.

"Okay. Maybe she went back to the spot where I told her to meet us at. Come on." Daryl grabs my hand and we both turn away from the walkers. We run right back into the tall grass and began sprinting. We finally made it back without any trouble and find Carol standing over somebody tied up.

"What the hell is this?" Daryl questions her.

"He saw me." Carol says. "We can take him back, see what he knows. Maybe it's a good thing." She says.

"Or stupid. We can't risk ourselves if they realize he's missing." I tell Daryl. Daryl doesn't say a word to me but turns to Carol.