•Chapter One Hundred & Seveteen•

M U T E D

Season 9

Bobbie's Point of View:
I secured the quiver around my waist. I pushed the tent door open and step outside. I can't believe I overslept. I never do. I was a little surprised when I saw all the Saviors packing their things and walking out of camp, Rick standing off to the side and watching. I look around and noticed neither Daryl nor Maggie were to be found. Where did they go? Why aren't they back? Please, why should I care? Daryl doesn't seem to care about me, why should I care about him?

"Hey." I turn my head and meet eyes with Carol. "What's up with you and Daryl?" She asks me. I furrow my brows at her.

"Nothing." I tell her.

"Please. You two didn't pair up last night. Don't think I haven't noticed Daryl keeping to himself lately. Barely seen him talking to you. Are you two not talking to each other? What's going on?" She asks.

"I stayed back last night. I wasn't feeling good. And you're catching Daryl and I at different times. Sure, we follow each other, but we're not clingy." I explain. Carol cocks an eyebrow.

"Hm. Alright. If I hear something different, there will be consequences. Consequences!" She threatens and walks away. I took a deep breath and shake my head.

I head back into the tent and grab my water bottle. I opened the top and checked to see how much water I've got. Wouldn't hurt to refill. I turn around and see a few of Daryl's things he left behind. It's been a few days since he's last slept in here. Now, I don't even know where he sleeps. For all I know, he could be sleeping in another woman's tent. But why should I care? Clearly he's got more important things to do during the night. Like hiding secrets.

I step out of the tent and made my to the water jug. I unscrew the cap of the water bottle and position it under the faucet, twisting the tiny handle and filling the bottle. I turn my back away and began taking a drink. To my surprise, I find Daryl sitting under a tent eating. Don't talk to him. He doesn't wanna talk to you, why should you talk to him? Oh, screw it.

Daryl throws his head back and tosses a berry into his mouth. He looks back down at his bowl and continues to eat. I planted myself in the chair across from him but he acts as if I was nonexistent. I tap my leg and I easily grab his attention.

"Did you find anything last night?" I ask him.

"Nope." He quickly answers. I furrow my brows together and nodded my head.

"Alright." I say and stand up, turning away.

"Why you wanna know?" He asks. I turn back to him.

"Is it bad I wanted to know about a person?" I question him.

"So, what? You startin to care bout them now?" He scoffs.

"She's human too. She's got flaws, same as you and I. She's one of the few Saviors that actually changed and wanted to become one of us." I frown at him.

"That gives her a pass?" He frowns at me.

"Sure as hell gives her a pass to not get murdered by Cyndie." Daryl makes a double take and he holds a stare with me. I shrug my shoulders at him. "Just my opinion." I say and walk away. I remembered I left my knife under my pillow and I knew I needed it. I walk into the tent and grab my knife. The tent swooshes open and I turn around to see Daryl.

"You followin me last night?" He frowns.

"I didn't have to. I figured it out way before anyone did when Rick talked about pairing up." I frown.