•Chapter Eighty One•

M U T E D

Season 5

Bobbie's Point of View:

We all jog over to the tree line and see the parade of walkers walking by. Rick stares at everyone before turning to all of us.

"It's working." Carter says. "You were right." He shares a handshake with Rick and Rick looks at us.

"Everyone. We need to finish this. We have to keep moving and fan out that thing front to back. Like we said, cops at a parade. Glenn, you take back. You got the other walkie."

"Got it." Glenn nods.

"If it gets sloppy, we fire our weapons, pull them back on track.

I'll hit the front." Carter says and takes off running.

"Okay, one after another." Rick finishes.

"B, you're with me." Glenn says. I watched him jog ahead but I stood still for a moment. Why does he want me with him so much. Rick puts me where he wants me. I don't exactly need to follow Glenn everywhere.

"Bobbie." I look at Glenn and see him waiting for me.

"Bobbie." Rick says. I look at him and see him nodding his head over to Glenn. Why?

Glenn and I jogged ahead, followed by Nicholas. We tried getting a little ahead of the walkers as best as we could. We suddenly stop when we heard screams.

"Tobin, their breakin off." Rick says through the walkie.

"What do you want us to do?" Tobin responds.

"Fire your guns and draw them back." Rick says.

"Let's go back. Rick might need help." Glenn says. He turns to run but I stop him.

"Rick can handle it. Tobin is working on it. If Rick needs help, he'll ask for it." I assure him. Glenn hesitates but he agrees with me.

"It's working. Their coming back on the road."

"You got them, Tobin." Rick says through the walkie.

"Copy that." Tobin responds. "What was that screaming?"

"That was Carter. He got bit right in the face. I stopped him." Rick says. We continued moving, we moved slightly slower. Before we jogged, now we were walking. I know Glenn is worried about Rick, Michonne. I am too. But we gotta do this. We can't shift everything because we're scared for our family. Rick is worried about us too, but what's important now is getting the walkers away from Alexandria.

The sudden sound of a horn blaring stops everyone in their tracks. We all turn in the direction and tried to figure out what it was and where it was coming from.

"What the hell is happening?!" Heath asks as he jogs up to Glenn and I.

"It's a horn or something." Glenn says. He turns to the walkers. "It's pulling the back half off the road." We all watch as the walkers suddenly drift away from the parade and headed straight for us. Glenn grabs my arm and he yanks me away from the walkers.