•Chapter Seventy•

M U T E D

Season 5

Bobbie's Point of View:

We finally made it to Noah's home neighborhood. Rick pauses and he wanted to walk through the woods.

"We don't need to." Noah says.

"Just incase." Rick assures Noah. Rick looks around as if planning something. "Daryl, Michonne, Tyreese, Noah and...Bobbie." Rick calls. "I want you all with us. Glenn, too." We all stepped forward. "We'll come back for the rest. Let's just take a look at these people." Rick turns away and we all followed him. We walk a small distance before meeting up by a wreck, a couple of cars broken, beaten up and obviously abandoned.

"Through the trees, it might just look like pet of the wreck." Rick says. I approached a vehicle and soon met eye to eye with a walker trapped inside, banging on the glass window to get out. Rick moves on and we all had to get through a set of wires. Rick holds the two lines apart as the rest of us climbs through.

"Ah!" I turn back and see Noah holding part of his bleeding eyebrow.

"You okay?" Tyreese asks.

"Yeah." Noah nods. "This way." He says and leads us on.

"They have spotters? Snipers?" Rick asks.

"We built a perch on a truck. Sometimes it's out front." Noah says.

"Not today." Michonne says. I look ahead and see the tall wall built in front of the neighborhood. There weren't any signs of people outside the gated neighborhood. We all get to the wall and I pressed my ear up against it, trying to listen for any signs of living inside.

"You hear that?" Noah asks. He begins climbing up.

"Just wait-" Tyreese utters but Noah is already climbing over the wall. He jumps over and soon everybody else does the same. I land on my feet and take a look around. The neighborhood is destroyed. There are bodies everywhere, flies, the rotting smell of the bodies, homes broken into, some even burned. Who could've done this?

"Noah, hold up." Rick says. I see Noah running and limping down the street, then he's full on sprinting.

"Noah!" Tyreese shouts. Noah stops and throws himself on the ground, sobbing. He cries over his long forgotten neighborhood.

"It's okay. You can stay with us." Tyreese says and comforts Noah.

"We should see if there's anything we can use and head back." Rick says.

"Then what?" Michonne asks.

"They see us." Glenn says. We all look at what he sees and we see walkers just ahead of us.

"We can make a quick sweep." Rick says.

"I'll stay with him." Tyreese says, looking down at Noah, who continued to cry. Rick nods his head and he looks at me.

"Carol, you copy?" He talks in the walkie.

"We're here." She replies.