•Chapter Sixty Nine•

M U T E D

Season 5

Bobbie's Point of View:

Walking through the hospital was really strange. I know it must've felt weird for Rick walking through a hospital since the last time he was in a hospital, he found out the world had ended. No words were being exchanged to each other. Only the sound of our footsteps walking against the wooden flooring.

We turn and get to a set of double doors. One end of the hall, there was Dawn and her people. And way in the back, Beth and Carol, Carol in a wheelchair.

"Holster your weapons." Dawn orders.

"You, to." Rick says and everyone does what their told.

"They haven't been harmed." Rick announces.

"Where's Lamson?" Dawn asks.

"Rotters got him." Shepherd, the woman cop answers. "We saw it go down."

"Oh." Dawn says. "I'm sorry to hear that. He was one of the good guys." She says. Rick sighs beside me.

"One of yours for one of mine." He says.

"Alright." Dawn agrees. Rick grabs the male officer and he forces him ahead. First, Carol, then Beth. Rick walks ahead and meets her in the middle, hugging her.

"Glad we could work things out." Dawn says. Beth and I embrace in a hug. I noticed she had big scars on her forehead and just under her left eye with stitches. what the hell happened to her? We all turn away and head for the doors to leave. "Now I just need Noah." Everyone pauses and looks back at Dawn. "And then you can leave." She says.

"That wasn't part of the deal." Rick says and walks towards Dawn.

"Noah was my ward. Beth took his place and I'm losing her, so I need him back." She says.

"Maam, please-" Shepherd begs.

"Shepherd!" Dawn hushes her. "My officers put their lives on the line to find him. One of them died."

"No, he ain't stayin." Daryl growls, keeping Noah back.

"He's one of mine. You have no claim on him." Dawn argues.

"The boy wants to go home, so you have no claim on him." Rick growls.

"Well then we don't have a deal." Dawn shrugs.

"The deal is done!" Rick argues.

"I-It's okay." Noah walks past Daryl and moves ahead.

"No. No!" Rick growls, throwing his arm out behind him to keep Noah back.

"I gotta do it." Noah shrugs. Rick holds a stare for a moment before he finally nods his head and lets him go.

"It's settled." Dawn says as Noah approaches Dawn.