•Chapter Sixty Eight•

M U T E D

Season 5

Bobbie's Point of View:

"Well, what's next on the agenda?" Daryl asks.

"At sun down we fire a shot into the air. Get two of them out on patrol. Then once it's a dark enough that the rooftop spotter won't see us, we go. We cut the locks on one of the stairways, take it to the fifth floor. I open the door, Daryl takes the guard out." Rick explains the plan. A major plan honestly, a big one. We're getting Beth and Carol back today, and this is how we're gonna do it.

"How?" Noah asks. Noah, the boy who knows Beth, the boy Daryl brought back with him, is here to help.

"He slits his throat." Rick says. "This is all about us keeping quiet, keeping the upper hand."

"They're not expecting us." I say.

"That's right, B." Rick nods. "From there, we can put. Knives and silenced weapons. We need to be fast. Tyreese, Sasha, B. Take them. Daryl, you take care of whoever is in the kitchen. I got Dawn." Dawn, the woman who is the leader of this place. Noah says she's like a...hard soldier. From the sounds of it, she doesn't even have a chance against us, whether she was actually in the police force or not.

"If they're smart, the rest of them will give up." Daryl adds.

"Then it'll be five on three." Rick nods.

"Six on three once we get a weapon to Beth." Michonne says.

"12 on three. The wards will help." Noah says.

"Thats best case. What's worst case?" Daryl asks. Rick leans up as he takes a deep breath.

"All it takes is one of those cops going down the hallway at the wrong time. Then it's not quiet. All hands on deck. We're talking about a lot of bullets flying around." Rick says.

"If that's what it takes." Daryl shrugs. An idea pops into my head. Maybe we can do this a smarter way. I look at Rick and reach out to his arm.

"It's not. If we get a couple of her cops alive out here, we do an even trade. Their's for ours. Everybody goes home." I explain.

"Yeah, I get it. And it might work." Daryl nods.

"This will work." Rick agrees.

"Nah, that'll work too." Daryl turns to Noah. "You say this Dawn, she's just tryin to keep it together, right?" Noah nods. "Tryin and doin are two different things."

"You take two of her cops away, what choices does she have? Everybody goes home. Like she said." Noah says. Rick looks at me and he nods his head.

"Alright. We got our plan." He says. Rick and Daryl lay out weapons on the table for everyone to take.

"B. Change in plans for you. I want you down there with Noah." Rick says.

"With Noah?" I ask.

"If anything happens, you'll be there to help him. Run alongside with him, run the same distance he can." He says.