•Chapter Seventy Seven•

M U T E D

Season 5

Bobbie's Point of View:

I stood at the bottom of the stairs, staring at the closed the door. I could hear music softly playing and people inside chatting away, laughing here and there. I dressed as best as I could. I could only pull off jeans, combat boots, a tank top and a nice cardigan. It felt weird having to properly dress up, but...if everyone else is doing it, I guess I should too.

I finally swallowed and held my breath, walking up the stairs and opening the door. I stepped inside Deanna's house and see just about everyone here. Everyone was smiling, holding cups in their hands, exchanging stories, exchanging hugs. Everyone looked...normal. How is that even possible? In a world where flesh eating freaks take over the world, the living seems to look normal again.

"Bobbie." I turn my head and see Deanna approaching me with a smile on her face. "Glad you could make it. You look good!" She says. I simply showed her a small smile, thanking her in a way. "Don't be shy, come on in. I promise, all you have to do is listen." She says. I took a couple steps away from her and looked around. I began listening to everyone like Deanna wanted. Everyone simply chatted about random things. I watched them eat food, drink alcoholic drinks, smiling, laughing. It was just weird to me. I want to run, I want to just go back to the house and be left alone. Screw all this, I'd rather at least have Daryl here with me. But I know him. He wouldn't come here. He wouldn't want to come, not with me at least. Where even is he?

"Bobbie." I turn my head and see Aiden approaching me. "You made it." He smiles. He holds out a glass full of champagne to me but I hesitated. "It's nothing special, it's just one night." He says. I finally accept the glass and I took a drink. "Are we gonna talk about what happened today?" He asks.

"We should keep it to ourselves. If Negan and his people don't find us, there's nothing we should say to scare everybody. It's better off we keep it between us." I tell him.

"Right. Right, yeah, I mean...I didn't tell anyone about Negan and his people. You seem to know them though." He says.

"I ran into them a day or two ago. They attacked me, I killed two of them." I shrug.

"Badass. Anything to keep yourself protected, huh?" He asks. I simply nodded. "Well, now that we've got that covered. What do you say you and I ditch this party and head upstairs to my room?" He asks. I turn my head and look at him.

"I'm involved." I tell him.

"You are." He seems to frown at this. "If you are then...why did you kiss me?" He asks. I handed him the glass back and folded my arms over my chest and quickly walked away. "W-Wait, Bobbie!" He calls. I opened the door and closed it behind me, but I soon heard it open back up.

"Bobbie, come on." Aiden calls. I quickly turn around and stopped him.

"I don't know why I did it, okay? I just...I felt lonely. You were the only guy that was giving me the attention I wanted from a guy so I did it. I kissed you because I wanted to feel something again." Aiden only nods his head. Might've been a lie, but it was also the truth. I miss Daryl. I miss holding him and even just being around his presence. I miss him.