•Chapter Seventy Four•

M U T E D

Season 5

Bobbie's Point of View:

Everyone gathered under one house. Rick wanted, same with the others, to stay under one roof for the night, maybe a couple nights. We're all cluttered in the living room, picking spots to sleep for the night.

"How long was I in there?" Michonne comes out smiling, holding her toothbrush.

"Twenty minutes." Rick says.

"God, I couldn't stop brushing." She chuckles. "Huh, I've never- I've never seen your face like that." I turn my head and see Rick's face shaved down clean and his hair trimmed short. Whoa. I haven't seen him have a fresh cut like that since the beginning of this world.

"That's what I felt before and after." Rick lightly chuckles. Rick and Michonne begin talking quietly, so I decided to cut them out.

We all hear knocking at the door and Rick is quick to answer it.

"Rick, I- Wow." Deanna stares at his face, to which Rick lightly scoffs at her. "I didn't know what was under there." She teases him. "Listen, I don't mean to interrupt. I just wanted to stop by and see how you all are settling in." Her eyes avert from Rick and shoots to us. "Oh, my. Staying together. Smart."

"No one said we couldn't." Rick says.

"You said you're a family. That's what you said." Deanna says. I look at Daryl and remembered our conversation we had outside the barn before we left.

"Absolutely amazing to me how people with completely different backgrounds and nothing in common can become that. Don't you think?" She smiles at Rick.

"Everybody said you gave them jobs." Rick says.

"Mmhm. Yeah. Part of this place. Looks like the communists won after all." Deanna says.

"Well, you didn't give me one." Rick says.

"I have. I just haven't told you yet. Same with Michonne. I'm closing in something for Sasha. And I'm just trying to figure out Mr. Dixon out, but I will." She says, staring at Daryl who sat behind me. Her eyes then fall down to me and her mouth forms into a smile. "And Bobbie. Well, I think it's best I wait for her to come to me. How else are you gonna get the stray to trust you?"

"A stray?" Rick asks.

"Mmhm. Bobbie is like a dog. Abandoned maybe, probably abused and needs time to trust people. You throw the food, keep your distance, let 'em know you'll always be there. They'll come to you when their ready." Deanna smiles at Rick. "You look good." She says and walks out of the house. I sigh and stand up, walking out of the house and onto the front porch. I listened to the night animals chirping and the light breeze blowing against my skin. It bothers me Deanna really compared me to a damn dog. Any other comparison, she could've compared me to, but a dog? Seriously?

I suddenly hear the front door closing but I didn't bother to see who it was. I then saw the familiar cowboy boots stepping down the steps and the tall legs sitting down next to me. It's Rick. Got a moment, he doesn't say anything. Instead, he sits and listens to the night animals chirping and the light breeze blowing against our skins.