•Chapter Eighteen•

M U T E D

Season 2

Bobbie's Point of View:

Rick stands still like a statue with his gun pointed down. Sophia lies on the ground...dead. Carol continues to sob in Daryl's arms on the ground. Eventually, he picks her up on her feet and tries to get Carol to move away, to which she shoves him off of her and runs off crying. Everyone is still silent, but the sobs that remained are the sobs of Beth, Maggie's little sister.

She steps away from Jimmy and she walks over to the piles of dead walkers. She pushes a walker off another walker and she kneels down, turning it over and grabbing the shoulders.

"Mom." She sobs. I noticed the walkers eyes suddenly open and the hands reach out at Beth, grabbing her hair and pulling her down. Everyone runs to Beth and try pulling her away as Glenn grabs the walkers hands and pulls them back. Andrea swings a sharp farming tool and kills the walker.

Hershel and his family walk Beth away from the scene and head towards the house.

"We've been out. We've been out combing these woods looking for her and she was in there all along? You knew." Shane follows Hershel.

"Leave us alone!" Maggie growls.

"Hey, Shane, stop, man." Glenn sighs.

"You knew and you kept it from us?" Shane goes on.

"I didn't know." Hershel defends.

"That's bullshit. I think ya'll knew." Shane argues.

"We didn't know!" Maggie yells.

"Why was she there?!" Shane yells. Rick, Glenn and I try stopping Shane from attacking Hershel.

"Your...Otis put those people in the barn. Maybe he found her and put her in there before he was killed." Hershel suggests.

"You expect me to believe that?" Shane growls. "Do I look like an idiot?"

"I don't care what you believe!" Hershel yells.

"Everybody just calm down-" Rick steps between them.

"Get him off my land!" Hershel yells.

"Please. No." Rick quickly begs. Shane pushes Rick to the side and steps up to Hershel. Maggie is quick to step up and slap Shane in the face.

"Haven't you done enough?" She growls. Hershel lightly pushes her away and turns to face all of us.

"I mean it. Off my land." He says and walks inside his house. Glenn stares at the two men before running inside with the others. I sigh and turn away. I head back to the barn and see everyone else still there except for Daryl and Carol. Dale walks by and Carl soon joins him, together, they head back to camp.

"Hey." Lori stops me. "You okay?" She asks. I give her a scot smile before shrugging my shoulders.

"Just feels...weird. Figured we'd find her real soon but...feels like we've been chasing after a ghost this whole time." Lori nods her head before squeezing my shoulder.