•Chapter One Hundred & Eleven•

MUTED

Season 9

Bobbie's Point of View
I leaned sat on the stairs, looking at everyone standing around the large barrels on fire. Everyone wanted to keep warm as usually the nights grew a little chilly. Ever since Rick declared everyone worked together, including the saviors, some of the hilltop and Alexandria people moved over to the Sanctuary. Daryl decided to take over the Sanctuary and be everyone's leader. Including me, Carol and a few others. The people here needed some sort of guide of how to grow their own crops and get used fo making their own food and hunting their own food and even scavenging their own food. But so far, everyone's been doing great. Sort of. Growing the crops part hasn't been easy. The dirt here isn't exactly soil for growing crops. It's not working, it doesn't really grow to full term. And if it does, it takes a long time but it looks sort of odd. Daryl and I have been talking lately and we're trying to figure out how to get better soil. Digging up dirt outside from the woods isn't exactly a walk in the park. It'd be different if we had a larger vehicles and tools to dig up dirt. Digging up the dirt with shovels and wheel barrels won't do the job. And it'll take too long. But that isn't the only reason. There are more reason why we can't just dig up dirt and layer it on top of the dirt here. We'd have to dig up a couple of inches maybe even feet of this dirt, go to the woods, dig up loads and loads of dirt, bring it back here, dump that dirt, go back and forth by filling up the inches to feet hole here with new dirt. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll find something useful soon.

The small chatter of everyone inside the sanctuary grew to irritate me. I pull myself up from the stairs and made my way to the double doors. I pushed a door open and stepped outside. I didn't hear any moans which was peaceful and comforting. For a long while, I sat out here listening to the night animals playing their music and feeling the soft breeze blow against my skin. Once I grew tired, I went inside and went to bed.

The next morning, Daryl and I ate breakfast. As we are, we get summoned by somebody informing us two people are up to something in the crops. Daryl and I sat out breakfast down and head out there.

Once we get to the middle o the crops, we see two people hauling up two large wooden planks in the form of an X with a walker tied up there hanging by the waist and it's hands. It was Arat and some random guy.

"Hey. What the hell you doin?" Daryl asks.

"Scaring the birds away." Arat answers. Daryl raises his crossbow and shoots at the walker, killing it. He doesn't say another word but walks away. Arat and the guy stare at me as if expecting me to explain Daryl. Instead, I shrug a shoulder and walk off as well. I caught up with Daryl and grab his arm, getting his attention.

"I ain't apologizin." He scoffs. I furrow my brows and force him to look at me.

"I'm not asking you to apologize, Daryl. I just wanna know what you're thinking." I say. He shakes his head. "I know living here and being in charge of everyone is hard enough on you. Y'know, you've only made shitty memories being here. But you've stepped up to be the bigger person. And you've made great changes here. I just want you know that I'm always on your side. Doesn't matter what's going through your head."

"Crops are dead. Aint growin. Thought it was cause how hot it's been. That ain't the case." He frowns, I nod. "So it's the dirt. Crops are dry. We need somethin better for this place. We need somethin for to help the crops grow."

"So what are you thinking?" I ask.

"Wanna go out there. To the city. Maybe find something useful." He says.

"So, let's get Rick and Michonne and maybe some others from the Hilltop to help out with that." I nod.

"Alright." He says. He holds a smile with me before he grabs my small figure in his arms and kisses me. "You're the best." He utters.