•Chapter Fourteen•

WARNING: This chapter does come across a sensitive topic! If you are easily triggered with depression, etc, please skip this chapter! I don't want none of you guys getting triggered or hurt because it's not my intention and I want you guys to enjoy my book! The depression topic doesn't last very long, but I just want to make sure you guys don't get hurt or triggered. I love you guys!

M U T E D

Season 2

Daryl's Point of View

It's nightfall. Everyone's quiet, not talking, but they are making noises. I lied on the floor in the R.V., trying to catch some Z's. But Andrea sat at the table, messin around with her gun and Carol lays in the back room sobbing. It's getting on my nerves honestly. But I understand she's scared and wants her little girl back.

I pull myself up and sigh, biting the side of my cheek. I pull myself up to my feet and turn to the table, picking up my crossbow and looking at Andrea, who looked up at me from the table.

"I'm gonna walk the road, look for the girl." I say. I hear Carol stop sobbing and she looks at me, wiping her tears with her thumb. I give her a nod before walking out.

"I'm coming too." Andrea says and follows me. I turn around and look at Dale up on the R.V.

"I'm going for a walk. Shine some light through the forest. If she's out there, give her something to look at." I say.

"You think that's a good idea right now?" Dale asks.

"Dale." Andrea tells him off. We continued walking until we get into the tree line. For a good, long while, Andrea was quiet, and I honestly liked it that way. Wasn't too much of a talker to begin with unless I'm letting someone know where I'm goin. I don't share secrets or childhood memories with anyone, not unless it's with B.

"You really think we're gonna find Sophia?" Andrea suddenly asks. I point my flashlight at her face but she avoids eye contact with me.

"You got that look on your face same as everybody else. What the hell's wrong with you people? We just started looking." I defend.

"Well, do you?" She asks.

"It ain't the mountains of Tibet. It's Georgia. She could be holed up in a farmhouse somewhere. People get lost and they survive. It happens all the time." I roll my eyes.

"She's only twelve." She argues.

"Hell, I was younger than her and I got lost. Nine days in the woods eating berries, wiping my ass with poison oak." I don't even know how I managed to tell Andrea about how I was nine and lost in the woods for nine days. I guess it wasn't something too personal to me. I survived, I made it out alive, I didn't get hurt.

"They found you?" She asks.

"My old man was off on a bender with some waitress. Merle was doing another stint in juvie. Didn't even know I was gone." I say, continuing to shine the light around, hoping Sophia would see it and come runnin to us. "Found my way back though. Went straight into the kitchen and made myself a sandwich. No worse fear. Except my ass itched something awful." I hear Andrea laughing beside me, but she covers her mouth to try and hide it.