•Chapter Sixty Five•

M U T E D

Season 5

Bobbie's Point of View:

"And she's still alive?" Maggie asks Daryl, asking about her sister Beth.

"She is. We made it out together, been with her for a while. But a black car with a white cross on the back window just shows up and took her. But she's alive." Daryl says. It honestly made me miss Allison. Sebastian isn't here, neither is Allison. We've got everybody together again...almost everybody.

"You worried about her?" Daryl suddenly asks me.

"Allison?" I ask him. He nods his head. I sigh and finally nod my head. "I just pushed her away before I got a chance to know her."

"Maybe she's still alive. Maybe she is." He says.

"If she is, then where would she be?"

"Could be anywhere. Anywhere but dead. Don't believe it. She's still alive." Daryl grabs my hand and squeezes it.

It's been a couple days since Terminus. We've been on the move, looking for a new place, some place where we can take for ourselves, like the prison. It's taking a while, but, we'll find it. I know we will.

We make a stop for some resting. Daryl and I go out to hunt while the others do their own thing. I was happy to have Carol back. I missed her. She's like Daryl and I's best friend. We can both tell her things we probably don't want Daryl and I to know about each other. It sounds odd for a relationship, but maybe we're both scared it could scare each other away. I don't know. It's a weird relationship between Daryl and I.

Everyone sits around the campfire. Daryl has his legs opened and I planted myself between them, leaning against his chest as he leans back on his hands. Everyone was quiet but they also made some small talk, chuckling every now and then. Daryl suddenly taps my shoulder and he whispers in my ear.

"Follow me." I furrow my brows at him as I stood up and followed him away from the group. We walk a good distance from the group before Daryl stops and pushes me against a tree, already attacking me with his lips. I couldn't help but laugh and push him off.

"What? What is it?" He asks.

"Do you really think this is the right time for this?" I ask him.

"Of course it is. You're quiet enough, nobody will hear a thing." He goes to lean in again but I pull away.

"I'm serious, Daryl." I playfully frown at him. "We don't have the time for this."

"That's when we make time. Come on. I'll be in and out. It'll be quick." He smiles. I finally led up and wrap my arms around his neck. I immediately hear him unbuckling his belt before he pauses and allows his hands to roam around. The sudden sound of twigs snapping near us causes us to stop. We both pull away from the tree and look around, listening for any other movement.

"It was nothin." Daryl utters. We both connect eyes and I shake my head.

"I felt it." I tell him.

"Felt like someone's watchin us." He nods. He then taps my arm. "Come on. Let's head back." He buckles his pants and we head back to the group.