•Chapter One Hundred & Forty Five•

M U T E D

Season 10

Daryl's Point of View:
I slowly open my eyes, seein a girl hunched over a small fire. I squeezed my eyes shut, tryin to adjust my eyes to bright sunlight. I stare at the woman before me. She's got short, brown hair, a black bow over her shoulders. My eyes look down her arms and I noticed the familiar birthmark on her right hand, in the shape of a strawberry.

"B?" I huff out. B turns her head and she shows a small smile. She turns her body towards me and she crawls her way between my legs. "B?" I lightly groan. She holds a finger to her lips, keepin that smile on her face. She suddenly pulls up her knife and she jabs the blade in my chest. My eyes widen, I let out a gasp and my hands grab at her shoulders. B leans down, pressing her lips to my forehead so gently. I let out groans as I feel her drag her knife right down the middle of my chest. I feel my heart slowly stop beatin and my body falls limp. I roll off to the side and hit the ground hard. B leans back and hovers over my body. She opens her mouth and I can hear her voice echo into my head.

"Wake up."

I jump awake and find Lydia turning towards me.

"Easy, easy. Hey." She softly calls to me. I look around me and saw myself leanin against a tree. I huffed out a breath, wiping my face.

"How long I been asleep for?" I ask Lydia.

"Most of the day." She answers, looking at my leg.

"And you were just out here?" I ask.

"Yeah." She says. "Just watching you. Watching them. Deciding."

"Decidin what?" I ask. She turns her head and looks at me.

"Did you kill her?" I ask.

"If it was your father, could have?" She asks. I look down at my hands, letting out a sigh.

"You see what happened at the cave?" I ask her. Lydia frowns at me.

"What cave?" She asks.

"The place where your mom holds the horde. It's a cave. We found it. Jerry, Aaron, Kelly, Connie, Magna...Carol." I say.

"No. I heard a loud explosion, didn't see anything after that." She says.

"You haven't seen B or Connie around?" I ask.

"No, I haven't." She frowns. "What's going on?" She asks.

"Connie and B got trapped under a minin shaft. Maybe they got out, I don't know for sure. I'm gonna go look around, though." I push myself up with the help of the tree.

"Wait, Daryl. I don't think it's a good idea. Your leg is hurt." Lydia says.

"I'm not gonna sit around and wait for 'em to just show up." I argue.

"At least wait for your leg to heal first, alright?" She says.

"I ain't leaving her behind!" I raise my voice. Lydia takes a step back, lookin down at her feet. I inhaled deeply, shaking my head. "Look, I'm...I'm sorry, alright? I just...B looked up at me and she let go of my hands. She just...and I don't know if she made it out. I don't know if she's hurt or alive or dead. I just wanna know where she is so I can bring her back home." Lydia picks up her head.