•Chapter One Hundred & Sixty

M U T E D

Season 10

Bobbie's Point of View:
It's quiet. The sun was shining and the birds are chirping away. Daryl and I went on a two day trip to look for some supplies. Of course, Negan and Carol wanted to tag along. Carol wanted to come because she felt that she needed to do something. And Negan, well, we all know he just wanted to get away from Maggie and her death glares. Daryl and I denied their requests and took off. We've been talking about going on a trip like this for a while now, just the two of us. We wanted to have our own times together and breathe for once. And we finally got to.

Daryl and I raised our bows up and aimed it at the squirrels in the tree. We released our arrows and caught both of them. We smiled at each other and returned the squirrels. It was about dinner time and we went hunting before heading back to the old cabin we had found. There's a fire place and I was able to gather some wood and lit up the fire to keep warm and cook our squirrels.

"Think anything happened while we were gone?" Daryl asks me as I poked at the cooking squirrels. I shrug my shoulders at him.

"I don't think so." I answer him. "But if anything did, let's just hope we have a home to come back to." Daryl sits himself down next to me, placing his hands over the fire and rubbing his hands together.

"Would you regret it? Leavin them for this trip? You know, we get back, everything's gone, everyone's dead." He asks. I furrow my brows at him.

"Would you?" I ask him. Daryl exhales deeply, shrugging his shoulders before shaking his head.

"No." He says. "Not really. We both been wanting to do this for a while. I mean, everyone needs a break from...life, I guess." He shrugs.

"I wouldn't either." I say. "You're right. Just being alone with yourself or one other person you care about for a while. Just to get away from all that stress and all. We don't have to worry about people dying. Attacks. It's just you and me." Daryl smiles and leans over, kissing the side of my temple.

•••••
We've got everything packed and ready to go. Daryl and I walked along the endless road, heading back to Alexandria. We weren't sure what we could be walking into. We've been gone for two days. A lot could happen in two days. Daryl and I are trying our best to stay positive about returning home. But that little voice still bugged us, thinking we could walk into a catastrophe.

As we come up the small hill, we find a car on the side of the road, along with two people standing on the sides. Daryl and I connect eyes.

"Think their survivors?" I ask him.

"I don't know." He shrugs. "Could be some people from Oceanside." He says.

"But why would Oceanside travel to Alexandria?" I ask. "They'd radio Alexandria first thing."

"Yeah, but remember, what happened the last two days?" He asks. I nod my head. "Come on, let's go see what's goin on." Daryl and I pull our weapons out and quickly approach them two stragglers. As we grew closer, we noticed two men, both arguing over the vehicle.

"I'm telling you, it's the water pump, man. Why else would the water be leakin out so damn fast?" One man argues. The two men are both skinny and a little chubby. Both brunette, both clean from what it looks like.