•Chapter One Hundred and Twenty Four•

M U T E D

Season 9

Bobbie's Point of View:
I step outside and find Tara loading up a horse. I quickly approach her side, grabbing her shoulder. Startled, she turns to me and finds herself relieved.

"Oh, hey. Alden and Luke haven't been back since yesterday. We're gonna go look around." She explains.

"I'll come. Let me get my things." I tell her.

"Alright. We're leaving in 5." She says. I quickly jog off back to the Barrington House. I run up the stairs and get to my little cozy area where I slept last night. I fall to my knees and pack up my bag, secured the quiver over my back and grab my bow. I turn around and find Daryl standing behind me by the stairs.

"Where you goin?" He asks.

"Luke and Alden haven't been back. Tara's taking out a group to go look for them." I tell him. He nods his head.

"Want me to go with you?" He asks. I furrow my brows, shaking my head.

"It's okay. You've got more important things to do here than follow me around." I say, walking towards the stairs.

"I do not follow you around." He argues.

"That's what you think." I tease him. I walk past him but he grabs at my wrist.

"You're comin back." He says.

"I always do." I frown at him. He huffs out a small laugh, nodding his head.

"Yeah. Yeah, you always do." He leans down and kisses the top of my head. He finally releases me and I skip some stairs to keep Tara from waiting on me. I quickly get to my bike and hopped on. Tara finally leads the way out and the group follows.

Tara, Yumiko, Connie, Kelly and a few others walk through the woods, looking around. I felt better when I found out Connie was deaf. I'm not the only person who has to use sign language to speak. Although Connie may be deaf, her sister isn't, but she uses sign language to speak with everybody, while also using her voice. From the looks of it, Yumiko and Magna understand sign language and speak it.

I turn my head to see Connie lifting up the binoculars, looking ahead. Tara turns her head and looks around.

"What?" She asks. "What do you got?" Connie turns to me, handing the binoculars. She points in the same direction she looked at and I follow. I see a group of walkers all on their knees, eating away at something. It was like they were eating at the dinner table enjoying their meals. I look at Tara.

"Maybe the dead. But I'm not so sure." I mouth to her.

"Okay." Tara says. "We're gonna take them out. Cut at their legs first, we'll know if it's the skins or not." Everyone gets in formation and we all run up to the walkers, pulling their attention and taking them out. Once it was clear, we finally examine what we find.

"None of the masked ones." Magna says.

"The horses. Those were Alden's and Luke's." A guard says.

"But no Alden or Luke." Magna sighs.

"Maybe they had to bail. Check the area. Look for tracks. Stay close." Tara instructs. Everyone spreads out, looking around. Since I'm already a good tracker, it didn't take long for me to find them.