•Chapter One Hundred & Fifty Five•

M U T E D

Season 10

Daryl's Point of View:

Eight Months Later...
I walked along the river, lookin got some fish to hunt. Eventually, I caught enough and headed off into the woods to gather fire wood. I hear snarls and growls and turn my head to see two walkers. I kill the two and hear even more. I pull my knife out to kill 'em but a sudden shot fills my ears, birds squawkin. I turn my head and see the woman waving her hand towards her. I quickly pick up my crossbow and run off, following close to her. She disappears behind a tree that's caved in and I join her. We hid into the tree, pressed up against each other. I felt myself feel guilt behind to build up in my chest as the woman stares into my eye. I wanted to get away from her as fast as I could.

The finally walkers pass by and we don't get noticed by them. I pull myself out from the tree and begin walking away. The woman steps out and she begins to follow me. I spin around and look at her, glaring her in the eyes.

"You stay away from my camp." I growl. I drop my crossbow on the ground and began pacing back and forth. As the woman turns away, I hear her utter some words.

"Name's Leah."

Three Months Later...
After a long, long while of thinkin things over, I found myself heading to Leah's home. I wanted to apologize to her for acting like such a dick to her that day. Standing there in that tree pressed against her made me feel guilty. It almost made me feel like I was cheating on B, but then I realized we weren't even together anymore. Ever since B and I broke up, I made myself promise that I couldn't fall for another woman again. I really like Leah, I do. She's great, cool, sometimes a little scary, but she's cool from what I've gotten from her. But the little moments that we've spent time with each other, I found myself likin her even more and it almost scared me. I built up walls around myself to go through all of it again. It's the same thing happening again when I first met B and I soon realized how much I grew to like her, and then soon enough loved her. B and I are broken up, it wouldn't be considered as cheating on her or even havin an affair with another woman. I'll always love B and no other woman can compare to her, no one can ever top her. Not even Leah.

I don't believe me liking Leah has anything to do with bein lonely. I can tell the difference when I'm lonely or not. But there's just...somethin different about Leah. She's almost like me and that's what I like about her. She's the type of girl I probably would've crushed hard on if we went to school together, maybe the woman I would've married. But things are different now. The feelins I got for Leah, it's all confusin for me, but maybe there will be a clear sign to show me what it all means.

I chewed on my lip in nervousness. I stood outside Leah's house for five minutes now, no attempt in tryin to knock on her door. I found a huge fish out in the river and I figured maybe instead of usin straight up words to apologize, maybe she'll understand the fish is my apology. I took a step forward and tossed the fish at her door, landing with a thud. I waited a couple seconds for the door to open, but nothing happened. I lower my head and finally pulled away.

I hunched over my tiny fire, waiting for my dinner to finish cooking. I hovered my hands over the fire to keep my fingers warm. I felt a sudden blow to the back of my head and I turn my head to see Leah standing behind me and I glance to see the fish I got her on the ground.

"I can catch my own damn fish." She growls and turns away. I remove my hood and look at her.

"Why you always throwin stuff at me? I was tryin to be nice." I argue. I'm always getting stuff thrown at me. She reminded me when B threw that shoe at the back of my head when we got in that argument and I was leavin the tent.